+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE with an arrival goal of 2 years

sleepspace9

Jul 24, 2019
My husband and I live in the US. He is a US citizen and I am an Indian citizen with a US permanent resident card (green card). We are planning to immigrate to Canada via Express Entry. Our CRS score is estimated to be about 480. Due to professional and personal reasons, we don't want to move to Canada until July/August 2021. With that goal in mind, when should we fill out the online profile to enter the EE pool?
Thanks in advance!

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
My husband and I live in the US. He is a US citizen and I am an Indian citizen with a US permanent resident card (green card). We are planning to immigrate to Canada via Express Entry. Our CRS score is estimated to be about 480. Due to professional and personal reasons, we don't want to move to Canada until July/August 2021. With that goal in mind, when should we fill out the online profile to enter the EE pool?
Thanks in advance!
I assume you already have the education evaluation and IELTS in hand. If that is the case, maybe you can start now or in a couple months. It takes more or less 6 months for your application to be processed. My opinion is that if you really intend to move, don't delay applying for the PR who knows how the rules might change in future. You get one year from the date of your medical exam to enter canada and when your PR starts, then the clock would begin to maintain the residency.

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
I am also in USA but on H1B, just curious whats your motivation to move out to Canada. If you don't wanna share its ok.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Thanks in advance!
I would probably enter the pool sooner then later. The General Election is coming up this Fall, and if the opposition gets elected, anything can happen to Immigration Policies. You gotta keep in mind, the current levels/rules of immigration are set by the Party in Power aka The Liberals

sleepspace9

Jul 24, 2019
I would probably enter the pool sooner then later. The General Election is coming up this Fall, and if the opposition gets elected, anything can happen to Immigration Policies. You gotta keep in mind, the current levels/rules of immigration are set by the Party in Power aka The Liberals
Thanks for the response! Is there a disadvantage to entering the pool early? What if we are invited to apply and have to decline because one year from the date of the medical exam will be too soon for us to move?

sleepspace9

Jul 24, 2019
I assume you already have the education evaluation and IELTS in hand. If that is the case, maybe you can start now or in a couple months. It takes more or less 6 months for your application to be processed. My opinion is that if you really intend to move, don't delay applying for the PR who knows how the rules might change in future. You get one year from the date of your medical exam to enter canada and when your PR starts, then the clock would begin to maintain the residency.
We will have ECA and IELTS done by October. We are working on saving up the settlement funds, which probably will take until November/December.
As I asked someone else, what if we are invited to apply and have to decline because one year from the date of the medical exam will be too soon for us to move? Does that look bad?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
You don't have to move, you know.

You can simply come here for a weekend, complete the landing process, and then go back to the US. You then have about three years to move permanently (less if you plan to travel internationally a lot, but still plenty of time). So let's say you get invited in Dec '19, get your final CoPR by Apr '20, soft land here in Sep 2020.

Then you can easily move here permanently in August 2021 with really no real issue.

Following dreams

Jan 10, 2019
We will have ECA and IELTS done by October. We are working on saving up the settlement funds, which probably will take until November/December.
As I asked someone else, what if we are invited to apply and have to decline because one year from the date of the medical exam will be too soon for us to move? Does that look bad?
Hi
My advise Apply now get your PR go to Canada make soft landing during your annual leave you need maximum one week to make soft landing return back to USA and in 2021 make your final landing don't lose the opportunity of CRS 480 that thousands of peoples here want to have it
For the POF you can make Gift deed from your family members no need to wait for six month
Remember ECA need one month
I suggest that you make computerised ilets it s very easier than the paper test

Good luck

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr_Chang

Mr_Chang

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi
My advise Apply now get your PR go to Canada make soft landing during your annual leave you need maximum one week to make soft landing return back to USA and in 2021 make your final landing don't lose the opportunity of CRS 480 that thousands of peoples here want to have it
For the POF you can make Gift deed from your family members no need to wait for six month

Good luck
Plus.. don't forget, with age, CRS goes down. There's never a better time to apply for EE than now.

Reactions: Following dreams

sleepspace9

Jul 24, 2019
Hi

Good luck
Thank you! Could you please explain what a "soft landing" is?

sleepspace9

Jul 24, 2019
You don't have to move, you know.

You can simply come here for a weekend, complete the landing process, and then go back to the US. You then have about three years to move permanently (less if you plan to travel internationally a lot, but still plenty of time). So let's say you get invited in Dec '19, get your final CoPR by Apr '20, soft land here in Sep 2020.

Then you can easily move here permanently in August 2021 with really no real issue.
Wow! I had no idea! Is this what a "soft landing" is, as described by another user?

Mr_Chang

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Thank you! Could you please explain what a "soft landing" is?
It's basically when someone with a COPR lands in Canada (or in your case drives to a border crossing) and starts the process of PR card generation. But then returns to their country of origin for a few months/year. People could do it for various reasons (it may take them to wind up a business/their old job requires a long notice period/They want to try to land a job before permanently moving to canada etc.)

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/soft-landing-immigration-rules.563111/

Reactions: Following dreams

prusa

Star Member
Jul 22, 2019
Hi
Remember ECA need one month
I suggest that you make computerised ilets it s very easier than the paper test

Good luck
I second this approach. Apply before its too late because of some policy change in canada. Even after receiving invite, you have 60 days(2months) to submit the documents. After submission take about 3-6 months for approval. You are anyways looking at next summer for your PR. Make a short entry within the deflined timeline and then finally settle down in 2021