+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE PR Application Refused - What's next?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Tnopip said:
...as I have a closed worked permit with them I thought it'd be enough to prove employment.
Holding a work permit is not a guarantee of employment...

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Banff2015 said:
what would be wrong with the date guys sept 14??
Because the letter was dated before his employment even started. Again, a letter of employment is supposed to be evidence of work you have done in the past.

Since the VO couldn't count that experience, and could only count the 9 months from the first job, the OP didn't meet the requirement of 1 year of employment.

Tnopip

Jun 15, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-03-2016
Med's Done....
15-03-2016
Alright, I think I start to get where things went wrong...

@sharma1990 - they only requested Shedule 4 and 4a, nothing else

@Phil89 - I do not have LMIA/LMO, my work permit is through the OB429 (LMIA exempt closed work permit) - but the NOC on my work permit is 1123.

@jes_ON - Alright this is really helpful. I see where the confusion is on my side... I just sent the job description given to me before I started for this... F***! :(

Anyways, I guess I should give up this application for now, as it looks like I screwed up - or is there hope to just modify that one document and go on from there?

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tnopip said:
Alright, I think I start to get where things went wrong...

@sharma1990 - they only requested Shedule 4 and 4a, nothing else

@Phil89 - I do not have LMIA/LMO, my work permit is through the OB429 (LMIA exempt closed work permit) - but the NOC on my work permit is 1123.

@jes_ON - Alright this is really helpful. I see where the confusion is on my side... I just sent the job description given to me before I started for this... F***! :(

Anyways, I guess I should give up this application for now, as it looks like I screwed up - or is there hope to just modify that one document and go on from there?
You should have also sent current pay stubs as that's indication that you still work there. Get a current reference letter and attach payslips with your new app.

If you don't mind, please could you tell me when you were requested your schedule A?

Tnopip

Jun 15, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-03-2016
Med's Done....
15-03-2016
Anya654 said:
If you don't mind, please could you tell me when you were requested your schedule A?
July 19th!

Tnopip

Jun 15, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-03-2016
Med's Done....
15-03-2016
gavingan said:
So you have two work permits?
I had one for the first company, and got another one for the current company I'm working in, yes

gavingan

Star Member
Jan 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tnopip said:
Can we think this way -- CIC approved your work permits with NOC 1123, and then they now didn't recognize the NOC? This is unfair!!

sharma1990

Apr 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anya654 said:
You should have also sent current pay stubs as that's indication that you still work there. Get a current reference letter and attach payslips with your new app.

he/she never requested for schedule A...it was schedule 4 and 4a ...

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tnopip said:
Hi,

Thanks a lot for your answers!

If it can help, here's the whole letter:

They mention Company A (where I am still working), but not Company B, where I spent almost 10 months...

Also, they are refering to a "letter of reference'', which I do not remember...?
So the first issue seems to be whether you actually worked full time for a year. They are saying, basically, that from September 14, when you began the job, to July 3, when you submitted the application, is not a year. You are right, I think, that they are not taking into consideration your other job, which contributed 5 months to your total. For confirmation, you should order your GCMS notes and see how many months of Canadian experience they calculated.

The bigger problem is that they don't think your job duties as described in what is apparently your job offer letter of August, 2014, match NOC 1123. I think it might be better to re-apply using an NOC that matches your job rather than have your employer change the duties in your letter of reference, which would surely look suspicious. Good luck!

Maplemadness82

Dec 2, 2014
Tnopip said:
Hi, thanks for the answers.

The jobs were in two different companies, but same NOC (1123), different titles.

And yes, all the work experience was after February 2012; and both were full-time.
Hi, sorry about your rejection. Could you pls tell us what your ECAS was showing up until the point of rejection?
It generally goes from IN PROGRESS to APPLICATION RECEIVED to IN PROCESS to DECISION MADE.

Where were you on ECAS when you got this rejection...

Tnopip

Jun 15, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-03-2016
Med's Done....
15-03-2016
Maplemadness82 said:
Hi, sorry about your rejection. Could you pls tell us what your ECAS was showing up until the point of rejection?
It generally goes from IN PROGRESS to APPLICATION RECEIVED to IN PROCESS to DECISION MADE.

Where were you on ECAS when you got this rejection...
My ECAS had 3 lines:

We received your application for permanent residence on July 3, 2015.
We started processing your application on July 9, 2015.
Medical results have been received.

It is still this way BTW (I still have access for some reasons)...

Reginald

Jun 29, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
SCH A Oct 20
AOR Received.
Sep 24
I am very scared and would like urgent help, please:

I am thinking of withdrawing my application. This is why:

In order not to provide employment reference for spouse, I just answered "No" to the question " does X have work experience?" Although I listed all my spouse work experience in the personal history section and noted it in my LOE, I am still afraid that the "No" might be construed as misrepresentation.

Please, offer any advise you can as I'm on the verge of withdrawing my application.

To those applying with your spouse, how did you handle that part?

Thanks

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Reginald said:
I am very scared and would like urgent help, please:

I am thinking of withdrawing my application. This is why:

In order not to provide employment reference for spouse, I just answered "No" to the question " does X have work experience?" Although I listed all my spouse work experience in the personal history section and noted it in my LOE, I am still afraid that the "No" might be construed as misrepresentation.

Please, offer any advise you can as I'm on the verge of withdrawing my application.

To those applying with your spouse, how did you handle that part?

Thanks
If the spouse does not have Canadian work experience, this doesn't matter and there is no reason to withdraw your application.