+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE jobank will an employer still have to get LMIA

Joey10

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi so im in Canada employed with 1 year Canadian experience , when I filled in the EE profile it told me to register on jobbank to which I did. I dont have LMIA.when job bank function is up and working can my current employer simply pick me and support my application or will they still have to go through LMIA ?

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
For them to be able to go into Jobbank to offer a candidate a position they would need to have proven they need to hire a foreigner, so yes they'd still need to apply for an LMIA.

Joey10

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This makes no sense. I'm in my 20s employed with over1 years experience and only got 330 points . the old system I would have got in fine

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
that probably being the reason they're changing it. while the old way was good for immigrants there was no way of making sure Canada got the people it needed out of it, as it was first come first served. this way is about bringing the people Canada need in and that is completely their prerogative.
We're all in the same boat here, and it sucks but it is what it is. Get your credentials assessed to bump up your score a bit.

Joey10

Star Member
Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My visas up in the summer , I don't know want to do my company won't sponsor me , I guess I should look for another job the market here in Alberta is slowing down big time .what a mess .