+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE FSW Spouse ECA?

33canada94

Nov 9, 2022
So, i am from Pakistan and recently got married, my wife is currently in the final year of her bachelor's degree. She has a college graduation certificate (Higher Secondary School Certificate). I am curious if this is considered post secondary and a spouse is required to get an ECA?

Last edited:

AndyUK

Oct 15, 2022
She's required to get ECA is you want to claim any CRS points for her education. If you have enough points already then there's no need for it.
Not sure how WES will evaluate her level of education as it varies depending on the country, institution, course, etc. Maybe others who have more relevant experience will know.

33canada94

Nov 9, 2022
She's required to get ECA if you want to claim any CRS points for her education. If you have enough points already then there's no need for it.
Not sure how WES will evaluate her level of education as it varies depending on the country, institution, course, etc. Maybe others who have more relevant experience will know.
Yes, Thank you. Figured it out.

To claim any educational points, ECA is essential. Thus, will skip claiming any points from her educational part, as it's just an unnecessary hassle. With her IELTS alone, our points will be around 484.