+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE Critique

Oct 29, 2014
Hi everyone,

With everyone discussing EE I thought I would give some input as well. The thing that is bugging me most is that they say having an LMIA or PNP is 'ADDITIONAL' points!! I mean they should have instead used the word 'MAIN' points. Since the rest of the 600 points are subdivided into so many categories, education, language test , experience etc. each are just fractions of the other 600 points, these should be called 'ADDITIONAL POINTS'.

I mean how can you call something 'additional' when it is 50% of the total score. What a bummer for those who does not have LMIA or PNP.

Well, it seems like they don't really care if you are highly educated or that you are highly skilled, because they won't matter if you don't get 'LMIA' or 'PNP'. Its just that the distribution of marks is so pathetic!

Anyway, I still hope that in future they make some changes or at least give chances to people who don't have LMIA or PNP.

npstudent

Jan 29, 2015
Sometimes, people come into Canada (after qualifying for immigration) and the find it difficult to secure work. Especially the ones who move to cities like Toronto. With the old first come, first serve idea, people who were easily employable were missing out. I have read at least one other post tonight, written by a gentleman who moved here, who cannot find work. He has burned through his savings and is still unemployed. There are hundreds of stories like his.
What they have now tried to do, is allow the people who are already hired, or immediately hireable (if that's a word) to come first. Lets face it, Canada does not want people- they want spending people. Cant spent if you are not earning.