+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE continuous work calculation! Please advise!

Ally56

Jan 20, 2019
Hi everyone! Can you please advise on the following. I have 2 years and 8 months work experience with the same employer under the same NOC. Will he system count it as 2 years of experience or 3 years? Coz the difference in points is huge...

east_1919

Jun 9, 2017
London, UK
You can’t count 3 years because the period of employment is 2 years 8 months. So count it as 2 years. If it is your current employment wait for another 4 months to fulfill 3 years employment.

Ally56

Jan 20, 2019
You can’t count 3 years because the period of employment is 2 years 8 months. So count it as 2 years. If it is your current employment wait for another 4 months to fulfill 3 years employment.
Thanks for your reply.

Have another question if you don't mind....
During these 2.8 years i started off as an asst.manager and after a year was promoted to a manager position with same duties and job description. Will that qualify as a continuous work experience under the same NOC? There's no title such as "asst.manager" in my NOC,only "manager"

east_1919

Jun 9, 2017
London, UK
I think the responsibilities for asst manager and manager won’t be the same. You can certainly use it as continuous employment but using two different NOCs if that’s applicable. There’s no harm in that. Provide the reference letter according to the current designation and write a LOE that you got promoted.

Ally56

Jan 20, 2019
I think the responsibilities for asst manager and manager won’t be the same. You can certainly use it as continuous employment but using two different NOCs if that’s applicable. There’s no harm in that. Provide the reference letter according to the current designation and write a LOE that you got promoted.
I'm not sure if there's a different NOC for the asst. Manager position,will check... in my case the responsibilities were the same as there was no manager above me and i was performing the duties of a manager and was getting paid for extra duties which weren't in my initial job description. I no longer work for that company but I have saved the LOE which says i was officially promoted. Hope it will work