+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE Applicants Outside Canada Please Network Here

EFK

Feb 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How do we upload pics? As per the specs in the link, the name and stamp have to be at the back of the picture... so do we scan both sides? Or am I missing something and we only send pics and full passport copy at PPR stage?

niha76

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Elena101 said:
Thank you, Hopefulguy!

Yes, I am a lady :)

I think my application might have been processed by Warsaw, but I can not know for sure.

Those guys from my country who were processed by Ottawa got PPRs with directions to send their passports to Ottawa. In my PPR I was given a link to a CIC web page where I could choose my country and find out where to submit my passport in my country.
congrats to u....i have exactly same original passport request.bg came in progress on ppr date i.e 8th july..they provided a link to find out where to submit my passport..i was told only to submit only passport ..no photos or biodata..moreover that letter starts with "This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application."
i called CIC agent and they clarified its a standard format letter..can u share what ur ppr letter says??

Elena101

Apr 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
niha76,

I got exactly the same PPR letter!

This 'temporary residence' thing got me worried too, but then I decided it was just an error in the letter template. I wasn't asked for photos and biodata either, just to print out the letter and submit it together with my passport, so I believe everything is the same as in your case.

This is such a great relief that you got confirmation from a CIC agent that this is a standard format letter.

BTW, congrats on your PPR! I was so frustrated by my application's lack of progress that I wasn't paying much attention to this forum thread.

Hopefulguy

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Beeceeayo said:
@ Hopefulguy,

I would I know where my application is been processed from?
@Beeceeayo, i got that info from a call centre agent when i called. but its hard to get helpful ones like that, so you might just be lucky to get that info from them.

Most just tell you the usual its within processing time, they dont have access to your file.

niha76

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Elena101 said:
niha76,

I got exactly the same PPR letter!

This 'temporary residence' thing got me worried too, but then I decided it was just an error in the letter template. I wasn't asked for photos and biodata either, just to print out the letter and submit it together with my passport, so I believe everything is the same as in your case.

This is such a great relief that you got confirmation from a CIC agent that this is a standard format letter.

BTW, congrats on your PPR! I was so frustrated by my application's lack of progress that I wasn't paying much attention to this forum thread.
thanks Elena...let me know when u get the passport back with COpr..i'll be submitting on 25th july after returning from summer vacation..

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hope CIC looks at this group this week - almost a month since ECAS went to In Process. Now that's another trend in itself!

KaydenB

Jul 8, 2015
Victoria, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-04-2015
Doc's Request.
04-08-2015
AOR Received.
08-04-2015
Med's Done....
22-05-2015
Passport Req..
12-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt
LANDED..........
01-10-2015
-- WARNING --

Do NOT make any deduction from eCAS. The online tool does NOT work properly.
All users have different experiences, which proves CIC's official statement regarding eCAS : the application is NOT reliable just yet for some.

CIC's official website states the following :
"Please note that some applicants are currently experiencing technical difficulties with our e-Client Application Status online tool. We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. In the meantime, you may refer to the processing times web page for an estimate of how long it may take to process your application. Thank you for your patience."

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ECAS has been a fairly consistent and accurate indicator of application progress for outland candidates so far. There hasn't been a consistent trend though - just when one thinks there is a trend emerging, CIC steps in to confuse it further!

4th week since ECAS moved to 'In Process' and no signs of PPR. It seems funny now to think of those days in May and June when all one was hoping for was a change in ECAS status!

Hope this week brings an end to this miserable wait...

JB007

Oct 27, 2014
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 May
Doc's Request.
24 May
AOR Received.
15 May
Med's Done....
23 Apr
Asivad Anac said:
ECAS has been a fairly consistent and accurate indicator of application progress for outland candidates so far. There hasn't been a consistent trend though - just when one thinks there is a trend emerging, CIC steps in to confuse it further!

4th week since ECAS moved to 'In Process' and no signs of PPR. It seems funny now to think of those days in May and June when all one was hoping for was a change in ECAS status!

Hope this week brings an end to this miserable wait...
I'm still hoping for a change in ECAS :p :). No updates since 26th of May. I believe you had to wait roughly the same time as me for ECAS updates.. It's definitely frustrating. I'm extremely worried and always thinking I might be rejected for some odd reason...

Elena101

Apr 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys,

The "temporary residence PPR" mystery solved!

I have just received an email from Warsaw saying that a temporary residence PPR was sent to me in error. A proper permanent residence PPR was attached to the email. It said my local visa office had received my passport (I submitted it yesterday), and now I need to submit the new permanent residence PPR letter, two photos and biodata in addition.

I am so happy they have clarified this "temporary residence PPR" situation!

The new PPR specified I should submit all the necessary documents to my local visa office within 60 days. The visa office was named, no link to selecting a visa office based on the country of residence.

Asivad Anac, you were right in your conclusion that a 2nd AOR for an outside of Canada FSW applicant means your application is being processed at a local visa office. My application was indeed processed in Warsaw, not in Ottawa.

niha76, I think the visa office that processed your application might also send you a permanent residence PPR when your local visa office receives your passport.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Elena101 said:
Hey guys,

I have just received an email from Warsaw saying that a temporary residence PPR was sent to me in error. A proper permanent residence PPR was attached to the email. It said my local visa office had received my passport (I submitted it yesterday), and now I need to submit the new permanent residence PPR letter, two photos and biodata in addition.

The new PPR specified I should submit all the necessary documents to my local visa office within 60 days. The visa office was named, no link to selecting a visa office based on the country of residence.

Asivad Anac, you were right in your conclusion that a 2nd AOR for an outside of Canada FSW applicant means your application is being processed at a local visa office. My application was indeed processed in Warsaw, not in Ottawa.

niha76, I think the visa office that processed your application might also send you a permanent residence PPR when your local visa office receives your passport.
Congratulations once again! That is one less mystery to solve. :)

niha76

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Elena101 said:
Hey guys,

thanks elena for sharing the news

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can someone clarify this for me please

1. What's the difference between Ecas and mycic?
2. How des the VO come into play when you have submitted via EE online?
3. I've also seen a lot of comments mentioning vfs but how do they come into play here?

I've applied from the U.S. Not a U.S. Citizen but all my communication has happened online and hoping the rest will do. Of course once I get a ppr il have to courier it, which is the only non online process.
Am I missing something ?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
carl321 said:
Can someone clarify this for me please

1. What's the difference between Ecas and mycic?

MyCIC is the core EE application. ECAS is another application where applicants can check file status. (https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas

2. How des the VO come into play when you have submitted via EE online?

It is speculated that Ottawa processes almost all the EE applications except for a few which are directed to LVOs for processing (for reasons unknown as of now).

3. I've also seen a lot of comments mentioning vfs but how do they come into play here?

VFS helps in the post-PPR stage in certain countries to get your passport to reach the LVO for stamping purposes. If you're based in NA, the PPR letter gives you directions on next steps.

I've applied from the U.S. Not a U.S. Citizen but all my communication has happened online and hoping the rest will do. Of course once I get a ppr il have to courier it, which is the only non online process.
Am I missing something ?