+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education points and IELTS

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
1. My friend has completed 12 years of full time education then 5 years of MBBS (medical doctor), so in total of 17years of full time education. Will he get 25 points?
Consider that his MBBS (medical doctor) degree is not a MSc. degree.
How many points he will get for education in your opinion?

2. To apply for PR under category 1 is it necessary to take the IELTS ahead or after he hears from Sydney?

Thanks.

john5655

Jan 25, 2009
a medical degree is still a bachelor's degree even though it's seven years study

I do not understand why so many people on this forum advocate not submitting IELTS test results if the guidelines state that such is required at time of application

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

rupeshhari said:
guidelines are ambiguous. I think on the form, it says to submit IELTS. Somewhere, else it says no documents. I think most of us here have agreed that IELTS is not required for the first stage. Of course, we could be wrong. Two of us on here who got through the first stage didn't do the IELTS. Both of us send a letter stating our proficiency in English. One of us was always planning to take the IELTS.
Really not that ambiguous FSW1 specifies exactly what is to be submitted. If the application is accepted by Sydney, it will be forward to the overseas office, who will write and give you 120 days to submit the requested documents, including ielts results.

PMM