+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education level for EE

azarchick

Aug 26, 2016
Hi guys!
I have a question on the education level needed for EE. I have my diplomas evaluated, and according to the WES report I have:

Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years) which as far as I understand should give me "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years" that equals 119 points for education (With spouse) and 50 points for Skill transferability factors - Education (for CLB 9 or more).

But the problem is that upon completion of the EE profile I have only 112 points for education and 25 for Skill transferability factors, which means that only one diploma is counted. I can't understand where the problem is(

Please can you share any ideas on this?

olipearce1987

Feb 22, 2016
azarchick said:
Hi guys!
I have a question on the education level needed for EE. I have my diplomas evaluated, and according to the WES report I have:

Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years) which as far as I understand should give me "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years" that equals 119 points for education (With spouse) and 50 points for Skill transferability factors - Education (for CLB 9 or more).

But the problem is that upon completion of the EE profile I have only 112 points for education and 25 for Skill transferability factors, which means that only one diploma is counted. I can't understand where the problem is(

If u don't mind me asking what is ur diploma and degree in and how was each complete?

vik20

Aug 17, 2016
azarchick said:
Hi guys!

You have to enter the degree and diploma separately. In your case, enter bachelors degree in one tab with details and in another select two or more degree or diplomas so the system will pick up both and you will be awarded points for both. I was in the same situation when I applied for mine, initially.
Hope it helps !

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
azarchick said:
Diploma (two years) and bachelor's degree (four years) which as far as I understand should give me "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years"
To "count" as a 2nd degree or diploma, the 2-yr diploma would have to be post-graduate - completed after your bachelors degree, and be classified as 2nd bachelors/post-graduate/post-undergraduate/masters

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

If you did a 2 year diploma that contributed to the requirements for the bachelors degree, that would not be considered a 2nd degree/diploma.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jes_ON said:
To "count" as a 2nd degree or diploma, the 2-yr diploma would have to be post-graduate - completed after your bachelors degree, and be classified as 2nd bachelors/post-graduate/post-undergraduate/masters

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

If you did a 2 year diploma that contributed to the requirements for the bachelors degree, that would not be considered a 2nd degree/diploma.
What if the Diploma is from a different program and university? Like you completed a Diploma in Electrical Engineering back in your home country, then come to Canada and do a new 4-year Bachelor program in Computer Science? I believe you can choose the "Two or more degrees" for this situation as well.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Alexios07 said:
What if the Diploma is from a different program and university? Like you completed a Diploma in Electrical Engineering back in your home country, then come to Canada and do a new 4-year Bachelor program in Computer Science? I believe you can choose the "Two or more degrees" for this situation as well.
Not according to the info currently posted on the CIC website. If the first degree was at least 3 years, then it would count. It may be that others have gotten this accepted in the past, but according to the current info posted, the Bachelor's degree would be the highest degree awarded.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jes_ON said:
Not according to the info currently posted on the CIC website. If the first degree was at least 3 years, then it would count. It may be that others have gotten this accepted in the past, but according to the current info posted, the Bachelor's degree would be the highest degree awarded.
Oh, that's true. I haven't checked the ECA page for quite a while. It's much better to read and understand than before now. Thanks.

azarchick

Aug 26, 2016
Thanks for your answers!
That's really sad. I studied all in all 4 years at college and 3 years at a university which is 7 years, still Bachelor's. While those who study 5 years at a university get Master's :-X