+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education History - ECA for Master's Degree

jacktc95

Mar 31, 2023
Hi everyone,

I have a query regarding my education history for my Express Entry profile at the expression of interest stage.

I have a WES ECA report for my 1-year Master's degree from a UK institution, the Canadian equivalency is a Master's degree. I do not have an ECA for my 3-year Bachelor's degree as when I applied for my ECA report I believed that I only had to get the accreditation for my highest degree.

On my profile under Education I have it listed like this, with Master's degree and ECA as a yes and Bachelor's listed with no ECA (I also have secondary school education listed but after reading some of this site, that is not needed?)

My question is have I completed this section correctly? Should I remove secondary school and bachelor's degree information from my Express Entry profile?
tl/dr:
1-year Master's, UK institute, ECA report, Canadian equivalency: Master's degree
3-year Bachelor's, UK institute, no ECA report
My CRS - level of education is listed as 135

Many thanks.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi everyone,

I have a query regarding my education history for my Express Entry profile at the expression of interest stage.

I have a WES ECA report for my 1-year Master's degree from a UK institution, the Canadian equivalency is a Master's degree. I do not have an ECA for my 3-year Bachelor's degree as when I applied for my ECA report I believed that I only had to get the accreditation for my highest degree.

On my profile under Education I have it listed like this, with Master's degree and ECA as a yes and Bachelor's listed with no ECA (I also have secondary school education listed but after reading some of this site, that is not needed?)

My question is have I completed this section correctly? Should I remove secondary school and bachelor's degree information from my Express Entry profile?
tl/dr:
1-year Master's, UK institute, ECA report, Canadian equivalency: Master's degree
3-year Bachelor's, UK institute, no ECA report
My CRS - level of education is listed as 135

Many thanks.
Yes you have done it as it is supposed to be,its all good.

jacktc95

Mar 31, 2023
Yes you have done it as it is supposed to be,its all good.
Thank you for letting me know (and easing my mind!)
Would you recommend I remove some education history? (My GCSE, A level (high school) and bachelor or just leave it)?