+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education as private candidate from Pakistan..seniors pls help

nimmiboy

Apr 22, 2005
Riyadh - KSA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One of my friend interested to apply for Canada under FSW, but he has little confusion with his education background. He has Master degree and competed 17 years of education but in the tenure of his education he did Matriculation (Secondary School) as an external/private candidate from the Board of Secondary Education Karachi. Please let me know, his matriculation certificate (2 years) will be accepted or not, I was reading this forums so I noticed that a guy was rejected due to same problem from Islamabad link is given below:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t14913.0.html

But, some of senior guys in this forum suggest that it should not be a problem, please share your experience especially from pakistani guys who can better understand this problem..

Regards

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nimmiboy said:
One of my friend interested to apply for Canada under FSW, but he has little confusion with his education background. He has Master degree and competed 17 years of education but in the tenure of his education he did Matriculation (Secondary School) as an external/private candidate from the Board of Secondary Education Karachi. Please let me know, his matriculation certificate (2 years) will be accepted or not, I was reading this forums so I noticed that a guy was rejected due to same problem from Islamabad link is given below:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t14913.0.html

But, some of senior guys in this forum suggest that it should not be a problem, please share your experience especially from pakistani guys who can better understand this problem..

Regards

I think they guy above you are talking about,wasn't rejected on "private education only", it may include some other reason which he got insufficient points and refused.Poster of that thread even wasnt clear that why his brother refused,about points or etc.

I know education system in Pakistan,as i have same,my secondary and higher secondary are via private institutions, as long private institutions are register or affiliated with government bodies, i think it shouldn't have any problem in recognizing. To your question, honestly i am not sure as you havent explain, did you friend got Higher school certificate by preparing at home or at any private institute? there are both private candidates, even preparing at home or preparing at any institute, so if this prepration was at any private institute,just get their certiticate which will proof that he/she studied regular at institute and if it was self prepration, then i cant say any thing, wait for some experience pakistani who knows very well. There are many pakistanies in this fourm, hope some one will come forward.

jawadahmad77

Star Member
Jan 27, 2009
My understanding is same.

I have done Intermediate privately. Got reply from them. In Pakistan, it is for sure that if someone did Metric he gets 10 years of education for sure. They don't bother to ask you from where u completed your primary or elementary neither they ask for their certificates. They just ask for Secondary or Post Secondaries.

Hope you are clear.

Regards,

Jawad...

nimmiboy

Apr 22, 2005
Riyadh - KSA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mahharrouf,

But he clearly mentioned that "His broter in law was refused by the immigration on R(78)1 coz he completed the degree as private candidate"

So what does it means?? I read another question in this forum this guy is also couldn't get wife point as she was cleared her bachelor degree as private candidate:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t9268.0.html

Please shed some light on this topic..

Regards

jawadahmad77

Star Member
Jan 27, 2009
Can you please confirm which college or university is offering pvt studies? I am pretty sure there i no Institute here who offer this.

Till seconday it is possible to study pvt. As i mentioned my Inter is with pvt study and i wrote in my Form i did it from Board and i got reply from NS. What else there is to confirm it?

Regards,

Jawad...

nimmiboy

Apr 22, 2005
Riyadh - KSA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
University of Karachi is offering some of bachelor and master courses like Arts, Commerce, International Relation etc..in which you can get admission as private and regular student basis, learn at home, you will recieve admit card at home and give examination in university on yearly basis with regular students.

This is well known government university and listed in world best 500 universities..

regard

cut

Jan 19, 2009
botswana
Category........
Visa Office......
PRETORIA, SOUTH AFRICA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2009
Doc's Request.
26-10-2009
AOR Received.
26-10-2009
File Transfer...
19-02-2010
Med's Request
14-02-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
salam pakistan

issue of private sencodary and intermiadte certificate is very simple.

all pakistani boards of inter and secondary educaion are well reconized all over the world. if you have a genuine certificate from educational borad (it doesn't matter you get it through school or you prepare exam at home and pass it) it will work
if you have a certificate of any private school or college which is not affiliated by educational board, than that cerificate is not reconizable.
same in higher education your college or university must be affiliated with Higher education commission (university grant commission)

i hope this will clear your confusion.

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jawadahmad77 said:
Can you please confirm which college or university is offering pvt studies? I am pretty sure there i no Institute here who offer this.

Till seconday it is possible to study pvt. As i mentioned my Inter is with pvt study and i wrote in my Form i did it from Board and i got reply from NS. What else there is to confirm it?

Regards,

Jawad...

Actually Jawad,if you are talking about "your got reply from NS mean to Sydney,then my personal opinion is.. NS Sydeny office is not place where they check your documents are acceptable or not, they just calculate your pints on material provided and if its 67 or above then transfer to your local visa office where process starts to verifing documents etc.

Still i am confuse on prepration of any degree at home would be acceptable or not, As on CIC website, they says ' "completed at least xx years of full-time or full-time equivalent studies" , now here fulltime we know of course... and full time equivalent means to atleast 15 hours a week, this is my personal opinion, i think i red here on forum any place that to be consider as "Full time equivalent...it should to be atleast 15 hours a week. Now if it is, then probably we have to prove where we studied those 15 hours even it wasnt full time. So things are still confuse,

JAWADAHMED, have you submited your application to CIC Islamabad and got clear educational record?

nimmiboy

Apr 22, 2005
Riyadh - KSA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mahharrouf,

You mean to say, if I am enrolled in any government recognized institute and learn at home then application may be rejected???, in other condition, if I would arrange any letter or declaration from antoher private school or private college with stated that I got privately tution from this school and studied 2 hours daily and 5 days in a week to prepare for the exams and get signature and stamped by the principal of school or college, so it would be enough to fullfil the requirements of CIC.

Regards

mahharrouf

Jan 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nimmiboy said:
Mahharrouf,

You mean to say, if I am enrolled in any government recognized institute and learn at home then application may be rejected???, in other condition, if I would arrange any letter or declaration from antoher private school or private college with stated that I got privately tution from this school and studied 2 hours daily and 5 days in a week to prepare for the exams and get signature and stamped by the principal of school or college, so it would be enough to fullfil the requirements of CIC.

Regards

I haven't mentioned about rejection or not of application as we are all aplicants only. I just point out CIC education requirements which they say " Full time or Full time equivalent " education, if its means to degree only that i think it should be 'Only Secondary, Higher Secondary, bachelour degree' and not include full time or full time equivalent studies requirements. Again, this is what my personal openion, maybe i am, wrong... thats why i asked above Poster,if he submited his documents to CIC islamabad and he gor approve, then things are clear to you and even me too as my higher secondary is private but from regular studies in a private institution. Hope it will be clea now. Rupeshhari... if you are reading this post,could you comment on this please?

cut

Jan 19, 2009
botswana
Category........
Visa Office......
PRETORIA, SOUTH AFRICA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-09-2009
Doc's Request.
26-10-2009
AOR Received.
26-10-2009
File Transfer...
19-02-2010
Med's Request
14-02-2012
Med's Done....
16-04-2012
if you just talk abt private secondry (metric) and inter (FA) that case is acceptable cauz you get a degree from reonized authority.
when you go a step ahead e.g long distance learning (like courses offered by allama iqbal open university, who's course requ is not full time) those degrees may not be accepted under the full time study.
as far as you are holding a degree from a reconized body you don't need to worry that you got it as private/regular/from private college etc.

mahharrouf said:
nimmiboy said:
Mahharrouf,

Regards

I haven't mentioned about rejection or not of application as we are all aplicants only. I just point out CIC education requirements which they say " Full time or Full time equivalent " education, if its means to degree only that i think it should be 'Only Secondary, Higher Secondary, bachelour degree' and not include full time or full time equivalent studies requirements. Again, this is what my personal openion, maybe i am, wrong... thats why i asked above Poster,if he submited his documents to CIC islamabad and he gor approve, then things are clear to you and even me too as my higher secondary is private but from regular studies in a private institution. Hope it will be clea now. Rupeshhari... if you are reading this post,could you comment on this please?

nimmiboy

Apr 22, 2005
Riyadh - KSA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As per mahharrouf, he says that you must study 15 hours in a week as per CIC law, while "cut" and "jawadahmad77" syas that it should not be problem.

I m still confised with your views, should I move forward or not?????

share exprience anyboy else who have gone through this procedure...

thanks in advance

candid

Mar 22, 2006
As per the general conclusion from all views it seems that, you have nothing to worry about as you have studied 2 years full time eqvivalent but as private student from Board of Secondary education that is fully chartered and accrediated by government of Pakistan, I hope it should not be a prob...