+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

eCOPR wrong address

Jess192

May 27, 2021
Hi everyone! so I just received my eCOPR however, even though updating IRCC multiple times about my change of address they still managed to use the old one of course. It says to contact them if there are any mistakes so is the webform the best way to do this? I have used it before to update my address and evidently it hasn’t been successful

thanks!

Last edited:

Simchi Marak

Nov 29, 2021
Hi I got today my eCoPR and in SPOUSE INFORMATION there’s minor mistake the Pin code… did you send amendments form or please let me know how to make it correct??

davidoqc2

Aug 16, 2021
Hi everyone! so I just received my eCOPR however, even though updating IRCC multiple times about my change of address they still managed to use the old one of course. It says to contact them if there are any mistakes so is the webform the best way to do this? I have used it before to update my address and evidently it hasn’t been successful

thanks!
This will only be an issue if the address that they have on file is also the one on your eCoPR, it means that they'll be sending your PR card to the wrong address.
I'd suggest calling IRCC as soon as you can to get this corrected if you haven't already, they're useless at updating addresses with web forms, but will do it instantly for you over the phone.

Reactions: EunpaKim

Simchi Marak

Nov 29, 2021

thanks!
Which address is wrong, your spouse information address is wrong?? How did you correct it because it happened to me as well my spouse information my husband postal code was mistake

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ours also have old address, even though
ecase and mycic has latest address.
But, why is it a problem if it has old address? When you apply for PR card, it asks for current mailing address. Once you have PR card, ecopr paper has no use.
Also seems ecopr can't be used as proof of PR. We went to get driver's license with ecopr and was turned away, saying come back when we have PR card.
Its only purpose seems to be to let you know you are PR....

This will only be an issue if the address that they have on file is also the one on your eCoPR, it means that they'll be sending your PR card to the wrong address.
I'd suggest calling IRCC as soon as you can to get this corrected if you haven't already, they're useless at updating addresses with web forms, but will do it instantly for you over the phone.
They ask for current mailing address when applying for PR.

Reactions: EunpaKim

EunpaKim

May 1, 2021
Ecopr can be used to get things like driver's licenses well at least where I live in Alberta.

I also have a similar issue as my lawyer's address is under the sponsor information, for my wife's copr.

However on the PR portal we wrote down our physical address and it read that the address I write there will be where the card will be sent. So perhaps I need not worry about anything.

Nevertheless I'm going to call them tomorrow already took time off work to do this.