+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

eCOPR received outside Canada

singhdeepinder

Jun 7, 2018
After a two-month wait for eCOPR in Canada, I had to take a planned trip. I attempted to expedite my eCOPR through a local MP, providing them with a letter that included my travel itinerary and ticket for submission to IRCC. Although IRCC didn't issue the eCOPR before my trip, they noted my upcoming travel and return date in their system, as confirmed by an IRCC call center agent. Further, I reached out to IRCC with a web form and email to the P1 upfront email address (which I had sent proactively, having not received it initially) to notify them that I am outside Canada and my expected return date. In response, IRCC acknowledged my situation and indicated their awareness of my location and return date, as stated:

"The office responsible is informed of your current location and return date to Canada."

Despite all of that, the eCOPR was issued seven days later while I was abroad. Anticipating this scenario, I arranged my return through a land border from the US.

My concerns are as follows:
  1. Is my eCOPR still valid?
  2. Is it permissible to receive an eCOPR while outside Canada?
  3. Could this situation affect my future citizenship application?
  4. What steps should I take now, given that my TRV is canceled and I want to avoid any potential cancellation of my eCOPR while I am outside Canada?"

Narmed

Mar 16, 2023
Hi, have you mentioned in your email (and we form) that you will be coming through land border (USA)?