+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ecas updated for Oath date but didn't receive the mail

Blue_Star

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ecas showing the Oath date on March 11 but didn't receive the snail mail wich was sent by CIC on Feb 26.( My father's Oath letter was mailed on same day but he didn't receive it. Ecas showing Oath on March 11) I called CIC and they told me the address where the Oath is going to take place. Is there going to be any problem since Neither me nor my dad receive the official letter?

Thanks ...

My time line ...

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 3, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 3, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 23, 2012.

We sent you a notice on January 15, 2013 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 28, 2013 at 1:00 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

We sent you a notice on February 26, 2013 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 11, 2013 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

My Father's Time Line....

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 30, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on April 30, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 18, 2012.

We sent you a notice on February 26, 2013 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on March 11, 2013 at 9:00 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Nordicgirl

Star Member
Dec 18, 2012
Visa Office......
Scarborough, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would contact them and ask what to do...

Blue_Star

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Blue_Star said:
Ecas showing the Oath date on March 11 but didn't receive the snail mail wich was sent by CIC on Feb 26.( My father's Oath letter was mailed on same day but he didn't receive it. Ecas showing Oath on March 11) I called CIC and they told me the address where the Oath is going to take place.
My question is does anybody have similar experience? I'm just a little confuse coz it says on the site that official confirmation is the letter they send you in mail!

Blue_Star

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just an Update...

I had my oath on March 11, 2013 and now a proud Canadian citizen.
When I arrived there I told them 'I didn't receive the oath letter but Today is my oath ( as per Ecas)' They gave me a media release form to fill out. After that when I entered in the ceremony room they took my pr card away, checked my landing paper and return it back, took the signed media release form, checked and highlighted my name on their list and showed me my number seat in the ceremony room. It was a nice experience :D
Now back to my home in America.