+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA Transcripts from Public schools in Mexico.

KDMX

Oct 20, 2019
Hello everyone,

Does anyone have applied to an Express Entry and requested their Transcripts from a public school in Mexico?
Like UAM, UNAM or Politecnico, etc?

I need to know if it is difficult and what are the stepts to request those documents because those institutions don't have translation service and I don't know if they have done this process too often to know what the ECA really wants.

It would be very useful to know if someone have already done this.

Thanks!

CaMe879

Jan 23, 2020
Hi KDMX,

Did you have your ECA done? I have the same doubts, I would approciate any information you can provide to me. Thank you

Reactions: KDMX

KDMX

Oct 20, 2019
Yeah! I have mine done. I had to figure it out by my own.
Which school did you graduate from?

KDMX

Oct 20, 2019
I graduated in 2012 so I don’t see a problem on that, they should have your transcripts.

What I did is contacted my school services that are in charge of that. It took me a while to find which department do that, because the UNAM has many offices for each process.
Then I asked them what do I need to do for them to send my transcripts to WES. They told me that they can send my transcripts but without translations because they don’t do that (which I still don’t understand why if there are UNAM buildings all around the world).
So they said that in order for them to send the documents I needed, with translations, first I have to request my documents in Spanish, pick them up, take them to an official translator and have them translate, bring them back to my institution so they can check them and put their seal on the envelope and send it to WES directly. (everything with the help of my parents that are in Mexico).
So I did that and everything went well.

I believe WES also gives you the option to send the documents in Spanish, in a sealed envelope from your institution and in a separate envelope the translations. But because I didn’t want to risk loose one of the two envelopes in the mail, and because I thought it would be confusing, I decided to send everything in one single envelope with the help of my institution.

So if I did it, I’m pretty sure you can too.

Let me know if you have any more doubts!

Reactions: Karla Meza

CaMe879

Jan 23, 2020
Thanks you for your response. It’s very useful.How long did you take you to get the ECA done? How much time beforehand do you suggest to initiate all the paperwork?
I graduated in 2012 so I don’t see a problem on that, they should have your transcripts.

What I did is contacted my school services that are in charge of that. It took me a while to find which department do that, because the UNAM has many offices for each process.
Then I asked them what do I need to do for them to send my transcripts to WES. They told me that they can send my transcripts but without translations because they don’t do that (which I still don’t understand why if there are UNAM buildings all around the world).
So they said that in order for them to send the documents I needed, with translations, first I have to request my documents in Spanish, pick them up, take them to an official translator and have them translate, bring them back to my institution so they can check them and put their seal on the envelope and send it to WES directly. (everything with the help of my parents that are in Mexico).
So I did that and everything went well.

I believe WES also gives you the option to send the documents in Spanish, in a sealed envelope from your institution and in a separate envelope the translations. But because I didn’t want to risk loose one of the two envelopes in the mail, and because I thought it would be confusing, I decided to send everything in one single envelope with the help of my institution.

So if I did it, I’m pretty sure you can too.

Let me know if you have any more doubts![/QUOTE

KDMX

Oct 20, 2019
The ECA takes about a month.

To get my transcripts with translations it took me about a week and a half.

If you are applying to Express Entry (that I believe is the fastest) I suggest you to start your paper work 6 months in advance before your student or work permit expires.
That gives you enough time so you don’t loose your status, also to gather all your documents you will need during the whole process.

If they invite you, you will also have to do more paper work, biometrics, medical exam, request an extension of your visa, send a letter to your MSP... etc. a lot of bureaucracy.

If you are applying through other way, you will need more time in advance.

So the sooner the better I guess.

Reactions: LauRoMi

CaMe879

Jan 23, 2020

If you are applying to Express Entry (that I believe is the fastest) I suggest you to start your paper work 6 months in advance before your student or work permit expires.
That gives you enough time so you don’t loose your status, also to gather all your documents you will need during the whole process.

If they invite you, you will also have to do more paper work, biometrics, medical exam, request an extension of your visa, send a letter to your MSP... etc. a lot of bureaucracy.

Ok thank you for your advice. I far as I know the validity of the ECA is 5 years, isn’t it?
Besides the transcripts, do I need to attatch the original of my degree certificate or just a simply copy?

KDMX

Oct 20, 2019
Ok thank you for your advice. I far as I know the validity of the ECA is 5 years, isn’t it?
Besides the transcripts, do I need to attatch the original of my degree certificate or just a simply copy?
I believe so.
And yeah, they have to be copies. They don’t return original documents.

CaMe879

Jan 23, 2020
I believe so.
And yeah, they have to be copies. They don’t return original documents.
I see. Did you attach any other documents or school contact information in the envelope in case WES requires further details about your records?

KDMX

Oct 20, 2019
I see. Did you attach any other documents or school contact information in the envelope in case WES requires further details about your records?
I sent my official transcripts, a copy of my degree and the transcripts of each document. I think that’s enough. That’s what WES asks you to send.

CaMe879

Jan 23, 2020
I sent my official transcripts, a copy of my degree and the transcripts of each document. I think that’s enough. That’s what WES asks you to send.
I see. Thank you very much for your detailed explanation. I appreciate it!

LauRoMi

May 6, 2020

Hey! It sounds like you already submitted an application for PR. How did it go?
If so, on your PR application, did your check list asked you to submit your degree and transcripts? (Apart from your ECA). And because they are not in English or French, did you have to get new translation done by a Canadian certified translator plus a certified true copy of them (a copy signed by a notary saying that it is a true copy of the original)? Or Did the translation you get done for your WES application worked for the PR application since they were done by a Canadian certified translator and you only had to get the certified true copies? Thanks for sharing!

elevele

Jun 14, 2021
Yeah! I have mine done. I had to figure it out by my own.
Which school did you graduate from?
(spanish down bellow) Hello KDMX, sorry to bother you. I wanted to ask you if you could share with me the contact or agency of the UNAM that facilitated this process, please, will you remember what it is? Well, as you say, the UNAM is very big and I am having a hard time finding who I should go to

Hola KDMX, perdona que te moleste y en español. Quería preguntarte si me podrías compartir el contacto o dependencia de la UNAM que te facilitó este trámite por favor, recordarás cual es? pues como tu dices, la UNAM es muy grande y me está costando encontrar con quien debo acudir

lalogix

Aug 31, 2021
Para cualquiera que haya estudiado en la UNAM, el proceso se puede realizar en el:
DEPARTAMENTO DE TRAMITEL
TEL 5622 5513
DCYCD - DGAE - UNAM

Feb 2, 2022
Para cualquiera que haya estudiado en la UNAM, el proceso se puede realizar en el:
DEPARTAMENTO DE TRAMITEL
TEL 5622 5513
DCYCD - DGAE - UNAM
Hola me gustaria saber si a usted le respondieron en este numero telefonico o como fue posible que realizara su tramite. Yo intente en los siguientes numeros cientos de veces y nunca entra la llamada :( - 56225513 , 56228222 , 56225999 ext 81358 de lunes a viernes de 9 a 17:30, porfavor si sabe algo para poder realizar mi tramite se lo agradeceria bastante