+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA report if highest degree (master's) is Canadian

GuillermoSCM

Apr 25, 2016
Hi everybody! Hope you are having a great day.

I'm planning to apply to express entry PR and was wondering whether I should submit an ECA report for my foreign bachelor degree (Chile), considering that my highest degree (Master's) is Canadian.

Should I submit both the ECA report of my bachelor's and my Canadian degree?

Or only my Canadian degree?

Thank you in advance!!

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Hi everybody! Hope you are having a great day.

I'm planning to apply to express entry PR and was wondering whether I should submit an ECA report for my foreign bachelor degree (Chile), considering that my highest degree (Master's) is Canadian.

Should I submit both the ECA report of my bachelor's and my Canadian degree?

Or only my Canadian degree?

Thank you in advance!!
With a Master's degree, you only need to fill your highest degree in your application. Just keep in mind that (after you are invited), when you are filling in your PR application that you should also only have your Master's degree in the education section. If you did your first degree in the past 10 years, you can report it in your Personal Information section (this does not trigger an ECA request, unlike entries in the education section).

All the best!

GuillermoSCM

Apr 25, 2016
With a Master's degree, you only need to fill your highest degree in your application. Just keep in mind that (after you are invited), when you are filling in your PR application that you should also only have your Master's degree in the education section. If you did your first degree in the past 10 years, you can report it in your Personal Information section (this does not trigger an ECA request, unlike entries in the education section).

All the best!
Thanks! And adding my bachelor in the personal info section, will it increase my score?

aamool

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-02-2019
Med's Done....
22-03-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2019
LANDED..........
02-10-2019
Thanks! And adding my bachelor in the personal info section, will it increase my score?
The personal information section has nothing to do with CRS points (anyway the only way to get more points than with a Master's is with a Phd). This section shows where you were in the last 10 years, and is used to generate your Police Certificate requests (I believe) .