+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA - Masters only or also Bachelors?

Oztoca

Apr 14, 2018
Hi everyone,

I am new to Express Entry and have a question about ECA which I hope someone can help.

I have a Masters - 2 years - from an Australian University which is likely to be recognised as a Canadian equivalent masters. And if I understand it right, masters level gives more points than 2 or more degrees or certificates (with at least one over 3 years), so I can just get my masters assessed by WES and leave out the bachelors.

Is this correct? It'd be fine to include both, but it would take me 2 weeks or more to get the bachelor's transcript sent to WES by the university in my home country while 2 days for the one in Australia. I want to save time if I can just get the ECA for masters only.

Thanks all!

prpurohit

Mar 12, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
4th June, 2018
Med's Done....
15th june
Passport Req..
27th September
Hi everyone,

I am new to Express Entry and have a question about ECA which I hope someone can help.

I have a Masters - 2 years - from an Australian University which is likely to be recognised as a Canadian equivalent masters. And if I understand it right, masters level gives more points than 2 or more degrees or certificates (with at least one over 3 years), so I can just get my masters assessed by WES and leave out the bachelors.

Is this correct? It'd be fine to include both, but it would take me 2 weeks or more to get the bachelor's transcript sent to WES by the university in my home country while 2 days for the one in Australia. I want to save time if I can just get the ECA for masters only.

Thanks all!

You only need to get your highest degree evaluated. Since you are from Australia getting only master's evaluated will be enough. Some countries in Asia require you to evaluate all education after higher secondary. Requirements change country to country.

Oztoca

Apr 14, 2018
You only need to get your highest degree evaluated. Since you are from Australia getting only master's evaluated will be enough. Some countries in Asia require you to evaluate all education after higher secondary. Requirements change country to country.
Thanks so much for your advice prpurohit. My masters was earned in Australia but my bachelors was in Vietnam and that's why I was concerned. But from your advice I think getting my masters done would be sufficient which is great!