+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA IQAS

Rezwanca

Aug 4, 2018
I've got ECA report from IQAS where they compared Master of Science (1 year) with graduate diploma. What does graduate diploma means? Is it equivalent of Masters? Will it decrease my CRS score?

Last edited:

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
I've got ECA report from IQAS where they compared Master of Science (1 year) with graduate diploma. What does graduate diploma means? Is it equivalent of Masters? Will it decrease my CRS score?

1 Year Masters degree are usually considered as PG Diploma's as Masters in Canada is usually of 1.5-2 year duration.

No it is not equivalent to Masters and you cannot claim points for Masters. You can claim points for "Two or more degrees where one degree is a bachelor of at least 3 year", which is 128 points if you are unmarried/without spouse.

Reactions: Rezwanca

Rezwanca

Aug 4, 2018
If "Two or more degrees where one degree is a bachelor of at least 3 year" applies for spouse point what will be the point. The main applicant have Master degree.

dotslash227

Champion Member
Apr 28, 2019
If "Two or more degrees where one degree is a bachelor of at least 3 year" applies for spouse point what will be the point. The main applicant have Master degree.
You can refer this page for the exact points table
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/criteria-comprehensive-ranking-system/grid.html

Main Applicant Masters with Spouse = 126 points
Spouse's Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years points = 9 points

You can also use this tool to calculate your overall CRS and FSW points
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Nadia Riaz

Apr 10, 2020
My status is coming'Final Review'. Can anyone plz guide till when I will receive my soft copy? Status was updated on Apr 8

Moonraza

Jun 19, 2022
Can you please confirm if you were able to claim and IRCC accepted "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years" for Graduate Diploma