+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA For Online Masters Degree (MSc)

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi, I am also a finance graduate and looking to do some additional course to get more points. Can you please tell me which course did you do?
https://global.lsib.co.uk/course-details.aspx?CourseCode=L4-DAB-OTHM&CourseTitle=Level+4+Diploma+in+Accounting+and+Business&subject=Accounting+and+Finance&Award=Diploma
You can do an Level 4 diploma (120 Credits) in 9 months which will be surely accepted by WES as a college certificate which will give you points for 2 certificates.

Adityan92

Jun 28, 2019
Bangalore
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Thanks. But are you sure that LSIB is approved by WES because it is not coming under the Institutions List.
Go through the website carefully. This is just the platform the actual certificate is given to you by athe or eduqual. My 2 cents do a top up and get a masters to be on the safer side. You can always send your certificate post completion

Reactions: mona247

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Thanks. But are you sure that LSIB is approved by WES because it is not coming under the Institutions List.
You are confused.
Is the college supposed to be listed or the degree awarding body?

The link that I sent the degree awarding body is listed and I know of members who have done their ECA successful as long as it's 120 + credits course for pg diploma and 180+ credits course for master's.

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Go through the website carefully. This is just the platform the actual certificate is given to you by athe or eduqual. My 2 cents do a top up and get a masters to be on the safer side. You can always send your certificate post completion
True!!

Feb 6, 2020
Even I have enrolled for an online Masters program in Global BIM Management by Zigurat Global Institute of Technology who are affiliated with Universitat de Barcelona. It is a one year course and it will be entirely online with 1 week in Barcelona. I wanted to know if my Masters degree would be valid and accepted by the WES council. Thanks.
More information on the degree below
https://www.e-zigurat.com/en/masters-bim-infrastructure-projects/

Joelle111

May 30, 2018
Even I have enrolled for an online Masters program in Global BIM Management by Zigurat Global Institute of Technology who are affiliated with Universitat de Barcelona. It is a one year course and it will be entirely online with 1 week in Barcelona. I wanted to know if my Masters degree would be valid and accepted by the WES council. Thanks.
More information on the degree below
https://www.e-zigurat.com/en/masters-bim-infrastructure-projects/
You can check it at https://applications.wes.org/ca/degree-equivalency-tool/poe.asp

Rahulchan

Aug 9, 2020
Can somebody please suggest - if I enrol to online one year mba program from Canada university, will allow to add points for studying from Canada?

hassanamjad89

Sep 19, 2020
In my country, I only found just one University that is offering an IT related 1 year diploma. The problem with that diploma is the even thought its duration is 1 year, its credit hour count in 39. I'm not sure how WES will evaluate this diploma.

I checked the WES "Required Documents" page and in there the University name and Diploma name do appear in the suggestion box of "Name of the Institution" and "Name of Diploma/Certificate" input fields respectively.

EllaG92

Apr 30, 2020
Hi guys. I wanted to know if IQAS maybe gives a better evaluation for such diplomas, instead of WES? Ive heard that a lot, so just wondering. but if your diplomas have been evaluated fairly with WES then we will go with WES too.
Then, if my partner does level 4, 5 and 6, will WES view this as a bachelors? he has done level 6 and 7 and was going to do the MBA top up but its just too expensive for us now so thinking of doing the 4 and 5 to add to the level 6 to hopefully amount to a bachelors.. if he does level 4, 5, 6 and 7, any idea what this would amount to? THANK YOU!! PS: through LSIB (OTHM)

EllaG92

Apr 30, 2020
You are confused.
Is the college supposed to be listed or the degree awarding body?

The link that I sent the degree awarding body is listed and I know of members who have done their ECA successful as long as it's 120 + credits course for pg diploma and 180+ credits course for master's.
Hi Mona247. I wanted to know if IQAS maybe gives a better evaluation for such diplomas, instead of WES? Ive heard that a lot, so just wondering. but if your diplomas have been evaluated fairly with WES then we will go with WES too.
Then, if my partner does level 4, 5 and 6, will WES view this as a bachelors? he has done level 6 and 7 and was going to do the MBA top up but its just too expensive for us now so thinking of doing the 4 and 5 to add to the level 6 to hopefully amount to a bachelors.. if he does level 4, 5, 6 and 7, any idea what this would amount to? THANK YOU!! PS: through LSIB (OTHM)

nitk903

Nov 22, 2019
Anyone can suggest a one year online Masters course from Canada which is recognised as Masters.
Or suggest any other Masters course but in online format and in around 1 year time frame.

mona247

Sep 26, 2018
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi Mona247. I wanted to know if IQAS maybe gives a better evaluation for such diplomas, instead of WES? Ive heard that a lot, so just wondering. but if your diplomas have been evaluated fairly with WES then we will go with WES too.
Your question is confusing and not structured well.!!

1)For UK education WES and IQAS is same outcomes. Its better to go with WES
2) LEVEL 4+5+6 with 360UK credits will go through as bachelor's.
3) If he has done Level 6 and 7 , then its best to just do a Master's Top and WES will evaluate it as Master's in Canada.
4) If he does 4,5,6 he will get bachelor's for 7 he will 1 year PG diploma from WES. (Can claim points for 2 or more certificates)

Its best to stick to point number 3 above.

EllaG92

Apr 30, 2020
Your question is confusing and not structured well.!!

1)For UK education WES and IQAS is same outcomes. Its better to go with WES
2) LEVEL 4+5+6 with 360UK credits will go through as bachelor's.
3) If he has done Level 6 and 7 , then its best to just do a Master's Top and WES will evaluate it as Master's in Canada.
4) If he does 4,5,6 he will get bachelor's for 7 he will 1 year PG diploma from WES. (Can claim points for 2 or more certificates)

Its best to stick to point number 3 above.
Mona, I'm sorry you found my question confusing and poorly structured. I'm a native English speaker, and I find that my question was conveyed fairly, and in turn you were able to give me an extremely helpful response, for which I am thankful. Perhaps you got a bit lost amongst the varying levels of my many questions, so I apologise for the confusion.

Thank you so much for the info, its given me great confidence to go forward.
Point #3 gives the most points, but sadly comes down to affordability so we will consider it, otherwise we'll go for point #4.

I wish you the best!