+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA for degrees from two different countries from WES (India and the UK)

rohansekhri

Star Member
Oct 25, 2015
Toronto
AOR Received.
23-01-2016
Singhsta said:
Now I'm confused :-\ What you mentioned here does make sense, but my hesitation is due to the fact that my name is spelt in a total of 3 different ways on my Bachelor's degree (BE) marksheets and certificates. Mumbai University has a habit of starting with your Last name followed by your name, your father's name and finally your mothers first name. This order of names has been moved around in three different ways in my BE documents.

On the other hand, my MSc documents have the name as it should be; first name, middle name and last name, which is why I am inclined to go just with my Masters for evaluation.

If I submit my bachelors for evaluation, wouldn't the difference in names from my masters degree create problems? Any advise on how to tackle this would be appreciated.

Also, as I mentioned earlier, the WES registration page does not provide an option to enter your middle name (in my case 'Singh'). So should I include it in the first name dialog box along with my First name while registering or omit it altogether?
We Indians always have some name issues LOL.. :)

All I can suggest is the following procedure:

1. Get your MU evaluated with whatever you have. WES will be aware of these things as they do it on a day to day basis and I'm sure that's the format for all the students, so don't worry on the WES front. Now, when you get the evaluation result, it will be in the required format and one single copy will mention all the credentials you have. In case, you get any notification from WES, simply tell them
2. When you upload your documents, upload the master's degree when you get the ITA as that will be the degree for which you will be claiming points for. I doubt CIC will ever ask for your bachelor's degree if you hold a master's with ECA. They will just ask for your ECA report, if at all and your language scores
3. In case you want, you can attach a Letter of Explanation [LOE] stating the discrepancy. You won't get rejected, but it's better to clear the air for CIC as they are not WES and don't deal with this on a day to day basis.

Other members, correct me if I'm wrong anywhere

Does your degree bear a photograph of yours by any chance? If yes, then no issues. They are more concerned about your degrees rather than your marks, which are there on your transcripts

Singhsta

Feb 11, 2015
Unfortunately, I don't have my photograph on my marksheets, Mumbai University just issues them by name.

Also, could someone with a middle name shed some light on how they registered on the WES website?

Do you just skip the middle name altogether while registering?

ShahidF

Aug 29, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Can someone help me with below: (I have done Diploma + Degree (ie- SSC 10+3+3))

I am planning to do ECA from WES. Do WES needs college issued marksheets? In my case I have done BE Computer engineering so only last year marksheets are issued by Mumbai University, I need to send ONLY those marksheets or all marksheets from SEM 3 to SEM 8. (direct second year admission so no sem 1 and 2 marksheets)

Mumbai University guys will give a sealed envelope containing verified photocopies of Degree Certificate, Passing Certificate and Marksheets of SEM 7+8. My question is what should be done with marksheets of SEM 3 to SEM 6?

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
ShahidF said:
Can someone help me with below: (I have done Diploma + Degree (ie- SSC 10+3+3))

I am planning to do ECA from WES. Do WES needs college issued marksheets? In my case I have done BE Computer engineering so only last year marksheets are issued by Mumbai University, I need to send ONLY those marksheets or all marksheets from SEM 3 to SEM 8. (direct second year admission so no sem 1 and 2 marksheets)

Mumbai University guys will give a sealed envelope containing verified photocopies of Degree Certificate, Passing Certificate and Marksheets of SEM 7+8. My question is what should be done with marksheets of SEM 3 to SEM 6?
Leave aside all your marksheets.
You need to obtain transcripts from Mumbai university for all years of your Engg. Transcript is a document which has all your marks on the University letterhead, wherein the University confirms the marks obtained by the person.
You have two options:
1. You order two original sets of transcripts - one for yourself and one to send it to WES.
2. You order only one set of transcripts - for yourself and take its photocopy attested by the University (no other attestation option) and send it to WES.
Visit the website of Mumbai Univ. and you should be able to find info on obtaining transcripts.
All the best.

ShahidF

Aug 29, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
sushsmart15 said:
Leave aside all your marksheets.
You need to obtain transcripts from Mumbai university for all years of your Engg. Transcript is a document which has all your marks on the University letterhead, wherein the University confirms the marks obtained by the person.
You have two options:
1. You order two original sets of transcripts - one for yourself and one to send it to WES.
2. You order only one set of transcripts - for yourself and take its photocopy attested by the University (no other attestation option) and send it to WES.
Visit the website of Mumbai Univ. and you should be able to find info on obtaining transcripts.
All the best.
Many thanks for your reply.

Please check below description which I see on WES site and here they say it as 'Marksheets'! I am just not clear abut 2nd and 3rd year instructions.

*******************Quote***********************
B.Eng.
Mark sheets for year 2 and 3 of your study program (semesters 3-6) may be issued and attested by the college you attended. Mark sheets representing year 1 and 4 of your study must be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai.

******************UnQuote**********************

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
ShahidF said:
Many thanks for your reply.

Please check below description which I see on WES site and here they say it as 'Marksheets'! I am just not clear abut 2nd and 3rd year instructions.

*******************Quote***********************
B.Eng.
Mark sheets for year 2 and 3 of your study program (semesters 3-6) may be issued and attested by the college you attended. Mark sheets representing year 1 and 4 of your study must be issued and attested by the University of Mumbai.

******************UnQuote**********************
Follow these instructions on WES website for Mumbai Univ. and provide the necessary documents accordingly. Visit your college and get the marksheets on the college's letterhead for 2nd and 3rd year, this is what I understand.

sr1989

Oct 20, 2016
Hello Everyone,

Similar question. I created my EE profile with ECA for my US Master's degree .I received an ITA on 10/19/2016 and now in education need to mention my Bachelor's degree in the post-ITA form. Should I get an ECA for my Bachelors degree (from India) as well? I have been waiting to submit the post-ITA form as I am a little confused about this question. The official CIC website says get it only for your highest degree while most people who have applied for EE tell me get it for both to be on the safer side?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,
SR

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
sr1989 said:
Hello Everyone,

Similar question. I created my EE profile with ECA for my US Master's degree .I received an ITA on 10/19/2016 and now in education need to mention my Bachelor's degree in the post-ITA form. Should I get an ECA for my Bachelors degree (from India) as well? I have been waiting to submit the post-ITA form as I am a little confused about this question. The official CIC website says get it only for your highest degree while most people who have applied for EE tell me get it for both to be on the safer side?

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,
SR
Since you have already received your ECA for Masters, now no need to get another ECA for your bachelors. As such, IRCC is interested to verify the maximum marks for your education which you obtained with your ECA for Masters.

sr1989

Oct 20, 2016
sushsmart15 said:
Since you have already received your ECA for Masters, now no need to get another ECA for your bachelors. As such, IRCC is interested to verify the maximum marks for your education which you obtained with your ECA for Masters.
Many Thanks. I have one other question regarding proof of funds. I quite did not expect an ITA and hence did not maintain much of a savings account with the requisite funds. But getting the funds is no issue for me and I can have it transferred asap. Now, would that be a problem? Some of the posts about proof of funds which I have seen says you need six months of bank statements. Mine would show few thousands of rupees which is well below the requisite amount. What can be done to work around this?

Thanks once again.

Best,
SR

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
sr1989 said:
Many Thanks. I have one other question regarding proof of funds. I quite did not expect an ITA and hence did not maintain much of a savings account with the requisite funds. But getting the funds is no issue for me and I can have it transferred asap. Now, would that be a problem? Some of the posts about proof of funds which I have seen says you need six months of bank statements. Mine would show few thousands of rupees which is well below the requisite amount. What can be done to work around this?

Thanks once again.

Best,
SR
It is not mandatory that you need to show the funds lying in your account for 6 months or so. But if you are transferring the money in to your bank account now, then you need to provide the source of your funds. Let's say you obtain these funds from your father. Then your father needs to provide you a gift deed wherein he declares that he is gifting you this money and you need not return it.

OR if it is your own money in some bank account, then you can show the bank statements if you are transferring the money into a single account from multiple accounts.

In this case, you will provide your 6 months bank statements, a bank certificate which states your current balance and the gift deed from your parent/sibling (if applicable). This will be acceptable by IRCC. Remember, you will need to maintain the required funds in your bank account till you land in Canada.
Hope this helps.

ShahidF

Aug 29, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FSW
sushsmart15 said:
Follow these instructions on WES website for Mumbai Univ. and provide the necessary documents accordingly. Visit your college and get the marksheets on the college's letterhead for 2nd and 3rd year, this is what I understand.
Correct! Even I understood same. Just need to get confirmation from someone who has done this steps.

As my college is at the border of Maharashtra - Gujarat (ie- Boisar). Almost 3 hours journey (one-way) from Mumbai main city. So just need to be sure before taking leave from work and going to college.

sr1989

Oct 20, 2016
sushsmart15 said:
It is not mandatory that you need to show the funds lying in your account for 6 months or so. But if you are transferring the money in to your bank account now, then you need to provide the source of your funds. Let's say you obtain these funds from your father. Then your father needs to provide you a gift deed wherein he declares that he is gifting you this money and you need not return it.

OR if it is your own money in some bank account, then you can show the bank statements if you are transferring the money into a single account from multiple accounts.

In this case, you will provide your 6 months bank statements, a bank certificate which states your current balance and the gift deed from your parent/sibling (if applicable). This will be acceptable by IRCC. Remember, you will need to maintain the required funds in your bank account till you land in Canada.
Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot sushsmart15. It sure does help a lot. How do I give you a rating?

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
sr1989 said:
Thanks a lot sushsmart15. It sure does help a lot. How do I give you a rating?
I am glad that this has helped you. You need to hit the "Good" button below the username, which will be activated for you once you have atleast 7 to 10 posts on this forum.