+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA evaluation and degree conversion for foreign lawyers

Kajalbh

Dec 20, 2022
Hi,
I’m an internationally trained lawyer with 4 years of work experience. I’ve sent by degrees for ECA evaluation to IQAS. I’m awaiting any response from them and also awaiting IELTS result.
Do I need to get my degree and bar council certificate converted and give bar exam before I land up in canada. Is the same possible while express entry pool submission is waiting? Please suggest

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
I’m an internationally trained lawyer with 4 years of work experience. I’ve sent by degrees for ECA evaluation to IQAS. I’m awaiting any response from them and also awaiting IELTS result.
Do I need to get my degree and bar council certificate converted and give bar exam before I land up in canada. Is the same possible while express entry pool submission is waiting? Please suggest
Here is Ontario. You do not need to be licensed prior to coming to Canada if you are invited and immigrate through EE. What is your CRS score?

https://lso.ca/becoming-licensed/lawyer-licensing-process/licensing-examinations

Kajalbh

Dec 20, 2022
I’m awaiting my degree evaluation and IELTS result. But it would be somewhere around 460.
I’m looking at Federal worker or pnp to fall in the cut off and I feel clearing bar exam from here would help me get a job. Suggest please

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I’m awaiting my degree evaluation and IELTS result. But it would be somewhere around 460.
I’m looking at Federal worker or pnp to fall in the cut off and I feel clearing bar exam from here would help me get a job. Suggest please
You will not get an ITA with 460, and don’t think your NOC is eligible for PNP as it is a licensed profession.