+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA - advice needed

Junebaby

Dec 27, 2014
Hello

I'm in the process of applying for my ECA for Express Entry application. The ECA package consists of an online report and a official paper report that will be delivered.
There is quite a big difference in fees between the standard and international courier option ($7 v $85)
If I select standard, will I get the online report sooner and will it have all the information I require for EE application, i.e eca reference/report number?
Another option is my sister in-law lives in Canada, could I get the paper report sent there? She could then scan and send a copy to me.

Thank you in advance

Core2

Jul 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Junebaby said:
Hello

I'm in the process of applying for my ECA for Express Entry application. The ECA package consists of an online report and a official paper report that will be delivered.
There is quite a big difference in fees between the standard and international courier option ($7 v $85)
If I select standard, will I get the online report sooner and will it have all the information I require for EE application, i.e eca reference/report number?
Another option is my sister in-law lives in Canada, could I get the paper report sent there? She could then scan and send a copy to me.

Thank you in advance
I would suggest to pay $85 and avoid unnecessary problem.

Jkal

Jul 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
EE
IELTS Request
R9 L8 S7 W6.5
Passport Req..
20-04-2016
Junebaby said:
Hello

Thank you in advance
Online report doesn't depend on the mode of the delivery. If you want save buck but fine with longer waiting period for the delivery by std post.. go ahead

rvssrajesh

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi
I applied for ECA through online payment on january 1st and the documents which i sent reached on 6th jan. Yesterday when i opened 'MY Account' on WES website, I found that 'Status: Documents received - review in progress'. So what would be the minimum number of days taken to evaluate and what would be the time for the report to be generated and sent. I gave a standard delivery on return of the report. Could some one tell if the estimated time for evaluation is done and report generates by 15th jan by any chance.

Thanks

JayBautista

Jan 6, 2015
rvssrajesh said:
Hi
I applied for ECA through online payment on january 1st and the documents which i sent reached on 6th jan. Yesterday when i opened 'MY Account' on WES website, I found that 'Status: Documents received - review in progress'. So what would be the minimum number of days taken to evaluate and what would be the time for the report to be generated and sent. I gave a standard delivery on return of the report. Could some one tell if the estimated time for evaluation is done and report generates by 15th jan by any chance.

Thanks
Hi Rajesh,

Based on what I saw in the WES website it will take around 20 business days.
=)

hambousha

Jan 9, 2015
Hello Guys
First of al let me start by the second question as per my experience few weeks back ;
As per WES for example it takes 20 business days however they assessed my papers in 3 business days after receiving my documents and sent back to me which took another 3 business days

Regarding the first question ; I have read that standard might be ok but CIC might ask for specific FSW assessment and you might need to reassess your papers again so it is advised to do the one with the higher price
Thanks

nidz_here

Jan 9, 2015
I am preparing to apply for ECA. If name on my degrees is different than my current name (due to marriage) what do i need to do? Do i request an ECA report from the designated organizations in my old or current name?

astro313

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
nidz_here said:
I am preparing to apply for ECA. If name on my degrees is different than my current name (due to marriage) what do i need to do? Do i request an ECA report from the designated organizations in my old or current name?
ECA will be done with the same name as per your diploma, no need to change the name while doing ECA. After getting ECA and everything else you will just need a notarized copy of your marriage certificate.

rizwan15

May 17, 2014
Re: ECA - National University, Bangladesh

Hi everybody,

I want to proceed for ECA, my certificates are (both graduation and masters) are from National University, Gazipur, Dhaka, Bangladesh.

Can anyone guide me how to proceed?

Thanks in advance.

Rizwan

nidz_here

Jan 9, 2015
thanks Astro313!

@Rizwan: Pls check your country specific requirements on the WES website. There is a country selector there.

economicalindian

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Junebaby said:
Hello

Thank you in advance

Hello guys...

WES received mine docs on 22nd Dec and update the status to completed on 30th dec....

they sent it via standard post on 30th dec 2014...and i received it yesterday i.e. 8th dec 2015....so i saved 85 $ and it feels good....

moreover we need only the soft copy for applying express entry..so opt for standard post ..save some $ ...

Cheers

mqb101

Jan 7, 2015
Dear fellows,

My graduation degree is from University of London (UK) and Masters' degree from Pakistan. I am currently located in Pakistan. What is the process for initiating ECA? Advise please.

cool_canada

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 11, 2017
IELTS Request
January 21, 2017
Dear Friends,

I sent degree certificate to WES one week before via courier as a applicant, I got a confirmation email from the courier company that the doc has been delivered but WES still did not update my account as 'doc received'... it is still showing Not Receieved.

Unfortunately, I forgot to include WES reference # on the envelope but mentioned it on all documents inside the folder. Does this delay the process?

astro313

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi cool_canada,

there is no need to include the envelope sent to WES. They have already opened a file for you. The problem is that they have been a little slow on January.