+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Early Visa Application

NamanMehta936

May 15, 2021
Hi everyone - I want to begin my visa application and I am already done with my upfront medicals. I have an admit from Western University. I got the admit for Sep 2021, however, due to COVID and interruptions, I had to defer it to Sep 2022.

Other than the GIC certificate, I think I have the documents ready and should be able to file the application in a week's time. I wanted to know how will this be looked at by IRCC? Because I am filing my visa one year in advance. This is also because I already have everything in place (mostly) because my original admit was for Sep 2021.

To clarify, I am applying for the SDS route. Given the COVID situation (on and off), I just want to apply as early as possible, but not sure how will IRCC look at it?

Any insights would be helpful! :)

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi everyone - I want to begin my visa application and I am already done with my upfront medicals. I have an admit from Western University. I got the admit for Sep 2021, however, due to COVID and interruptions, I had to defer it to Sep 2022.

Other than the GIC certificate, I think I have the documents ready and should be able to file the application in a week's time. I wanted to know how will this be looked at by IRCC? Because I am filing my visa one year in advance. This is also because I already have everything in place (mostly) because my original admit was for Sep 2021.

To clarify, I am applying for the SDS route. Given the COVID situation (on and off), I just want to apply as early as possible, but not sure how will IRCC look at it?

You can apply as soon as you receive LOA. However, applying a year in advance is too early and most likely you’ll be holding spot for someone’s application or VO may not touch it. You need to consider that, while LOA may remain unchanged, other economic and social factors can change after a year. So better consider that..

Reactions: NamanMehta936

Nwamaka

Star Member
May 28, 2021
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa.
App. Filed.......
May 12
You can apply as soon as you receive LOA. However, applying a year in advance is too early and most likely you’ll be holding spot for someone’s application or VO may not touch it. You need to consider that, while LOA may remain unchanged, other economic and social factors can change after a year. So better consider that..
Why don't you apply for this September and request for urgent attention since it is SDS you are using. Even if it comes out in October you can still go. Unless what led to your deferral is very serious.

thaovy99

Jun 26, 2019
Why don't you apply for this September and request for urgent attention since it is SDS you are using. Even if it comes out in October you can still go. Unless what led to your deferral is very serious.
There is nothing as "urgent attention". Everyone is treated equally and it is OP'S responsibility to submit an application on time for Fall Semester. Current processing time is 9 weeks, so don't spread false info please.

Nwamaka

Star Member
May 28, 2021
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa.
App. Filed.......
May 12
There is nothing as "urgent attention". Everyone is treated equally and it is OP'S responsibility to submit an application on time for Fall Semester. Current processing time is 9 weeks, so don't spread false info please.
You're the one spreading false news here. I didn't change IRCC rules. I only suggested what may be done. The last time I checked SDS applications are processed within 20 business day if submitted complete application so where did you get your 9 weeks from.

Nwamaka

Star Member
May 28, 2021
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa.
App. Filed.......
May 12
And advice someone to start application with only 20 days left till the semester starts is not reasonable. Will you take responsibility if application is refused due to rush preparation?
Didn't you here say she has all her documents ready. So throwing tantrums already. I made a suggestion. What is the guarantee that it wont be refused If she applies against next year

thaovy99

Jun 26, 2019
There is difference between SDS and Non SDS application. The 9weeks you're talking about is for Non SDS. Next time have facts right before attacking someone
SDS is not an "urgent" attention. it may take 20 days and it may take longer. People are getting their final result for SDS after 3 months.
And 1 refusal weaken OP's chance to get a study permit on her next try, for your info.

Nwamaka

Star Member
May 28, 2021
Visa Office......
Pretoria, South Africa.
App. Filed.......
May 12
SDS is not an "urgent" attention. it may take 20 days and it may take longer. People are getting their final result for SDS after 3 months.
And 1 refusal weaken OP's chance to get a study permit on her next try, for your info.
So disturbing me. Immigration consultant rest already.

myze

Apr 8, 2021

I applied early and got approved but took the non-sds route. As long as your papers are good to go then it shouldn't be a problem. Just keep in mind that your medicals will expire within a year and you have to travel while it's still valid else you'll have to retake it.

heidihng

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
App. Filed.......
25-06-2021
I applied early and got approved but took the non-sds route. As long as your papers are good to go then it shouldn't be a problem. Just keep in mind that your medicals will expire within a year and you have to travel while it's still valid else you'll have to retake it.
may I ask when did you apply for non sds