+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

E-sign form IMM5532e seems not possible

cld_canada

May 7, 2024
Hello,

The IMM5532e form includes fields that require a signature, but it doesn't seem possible to fill in those fields. After researching, I found that the form uses XFA format, which doesn't support digital signatures. I even signed up for a trial of Adobe Reader to see if that would allow me to sign the form, but it didn’t work. I noticed that some people use the "Print to PDF" option, but I don’t have a printer, and Adobe Reader doesn't allow me to use that feature.

I’m wondering if it’s acceptable to leave these signature fields blank and whether the correct place to sign is under the consent section. Could you please advise on what I should do?

Thank you.

Charlamanderxxxx

Star Member
Jun 27, 2024
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Hello,

The IMM5532e form includes fields that require a signature, but it doesn't seem possible to fill in those fields. After researching, I found that the form uses XFA format, which doesn't support digital signatures. I even signed up for a trial of Adobe Reader to see if that would allow me to sign the form, but it didn’t work. I noticed that some people use the "Print to PDF" option, but I don’t have a printer, and Adobe Reader doesn't allow me to use that feature.

I’m wondering if it’s acceptable to leave these signature fields blank and whether the correct place to sign is under the consent section. Could you please advise on what I should do?

Thank you.
Hi. Please do not leave it blank. They will return your application. Try using Adobe Acrobat Pro > Ctrl P > Choose "Microsoft Print to PDF" > save the form to a completely different name > It should convert your form to the PDF version that you can edit/add a signature. Please try and let me know if you have any questions.

That was how it did mine and I also helped a few people using that method.

cld_canada

May 7, 2024
Hi. Please do not leave it blank. They will return your application. Try using Adobe Acrobat Pro > Ctrl P > Choose "Microsoft Print to PDF" > save the form to a completely different name > It should convert your form to the PDF version that you can edit/add a signature. Please try and let me know if you have any questions.

That was how it did mine and I also helped a few people using that method.
Thank you for your reply. Do we have a way to work around this without a printer when I click on Print or type Ctrl + P:

Before you can perform print-related tasks such as page setup or printing a document, you need to install a printer.

Charlamanderxxxx

Star Member
Jun 27, 2024
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Thank you for your reply. Do we have a way to work around this without a printer when I click on Print or type Ctrl + P:

Before you can perform print-related tasks such as page setup or printing a document, you need to install a printer.
I don't have a printer and it worked fine for me. Might be worth it to just install a printer (software) or something just to see.