+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dutch police certificate translation?

Wakanowdotcom

Apr 28, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi, did they accept you certificate without the official translation after you sent them this email pointing out that they say in their own website that is not necessary? They just asked me to get an official translation even though my Dutch certificate is translated to English at the bottom of the page. I wonder if I should explain this to them as you did or just don’t lose my time and get the translation.
I would appreciate if you could answer me ASAP!

Thanks!
Hi did you get a response?
What did you eventually do? Was it accepted? (Do you have your PPR yet?). I'd really appreciate your response as I am looking to not translate. Thanks!

Tirilita

Sep 5, 2017
Hi did you get a response?
What did you eventually do? Was it accepted? (Do you have your PPR yet?). I'd really appreciate your response as I am looking to not translate. Thanks!
Hi, I sent an email to them basically saying the same as the letter that was posted in this thread. They didn’t answer my email but my status in gckey changed to "We are reviewing the additional documents you provided”
After 3 weeks I sent a 2nd email and they answered “we will contact you only if or when necessary” so I am still waiting (I had until 28th April to send the official translation) which I didn’t because it’s ridiculous so hopefully they’ll accept it because I am following the rules in their website!
Anyway I’ll let you know as soon as I find out. Hopefully this week!
Good luck to you, I know is frustrating.
What’s your visa office? Mine is Paris

Wakanowdotcom

Apr 28, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi, I sent an email to them basically saying the same as the letter that was posted in this thread. They didn’t answer my email but my status in gckey changed to "We are reviewing the additional documents you provided”
After 3 weeks I sent a 2nd email and they answered “we will contact you only if or when necessary” so I am still waiting (I had until 28th April to send the official translation) which I didn’t because it’s ridiculous so hopefully they’ll accept it because I am following the rules in their website!
Anyway I’ll let you know as soon as I find out. Hopefully this week!
Good luck to you, I know is frustrating.
What’s your visa office? Mine is Paris
Truly ridiculous to have to translate that document (even after what the website says). Fingers crossed. Do keep me updated.
I haven't submitted yet! :) I'm just preparing ahead of time since I'll do the Dutch certificate anyway :)

Tirilita

Sep 5, 2017
Hi all,
Just for future reference...
No need to translate the Dutch police clearance if it is already translated to English in the same page. My permanent residency was approved without sending an official translation.
Good luck with your application everyone!

Reactions: NL75

Wakanowdotcom

Apr 28, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi all,
No need to translate the Dutch police clearance if it is already translated to English in the same page. My permanent residency was approved without sending an official translation.
Great. Thanks! Very helpful..

NL75

Star Member
Jul 25, 2020
Hi all,
Thanks! its very helpful. I will also attach expatiation with my VOG certificate to avoid any confusion

ichiha68

Mar 23, 2022
I did submit my application without the translation, and received a request today to submit the translation after all.

It seemed weird as about 95% of the content on the certificate includes a translation, plus the guidelines tell you not to translate it.
https://100001.onl/ https://1921681254.mx/
So if I were you, just get it translated so it won't hold up your application somewhere in the process.