+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Duplicate Verification of Status (VoS) using the IMM 5009

Vvenu

Aug 14, 2024
Hello everyone,

I recently moved to a new home and, unfortunately, lost my Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) document in the process. I’ve already applied for a Verification of Status (VoS) using the IMM 5009 form this month to help me request a duplicate CoPR from IRCC.

I would need this document to renew my PR Card and for few other changes to my information in Govt IDs.

I’m reaching out to see if anyone here has gone through a similar experience. Specifically, I’m curious about:

1. How long it typically takes to receive the duplicate CoPR after applying for VoS.
  2. Any steps or additional documentation you found helpful in speeding up the process.
  3. Any common issues you encountered during the application that I should watch out for.

I would greatly appreciate any insights or timelines from those who have been through this before. Thanks in advance for your help!

Meena MM

Sep 5, 2024
Hi, I am in the same boat as you. Did you apply for VOS? I want to apply soon but a bit confused on what documents we need to send? Can you please guide if you have submitted the VOS.

Meena MM

Sep 5, 2024
Also did you get your VOS yet? And to which address did you post it? There are two mentioned on the website