+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dumb question regarding living in the country

FinalAcorn04

Jul 21, 2024
Hello! Just wanted to make absolutely certain that I was reading something right. Does vacation time count towards your 3 years in the country? I've been thinking about moving here recently and you can never be too sure about something so I wanted to ask if staying at a hotel/motel counted as living in the country or not. I'm still trying to plan out how best to meet the requirements. Thanks in advance!

• Haha
Reactions: foodie69

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello! Just wanted to make absolutely certain that I was reading something right. Does vacation time count towards your 3 years in the country? I've been thinking about moving here recently and you can never be too sure about something so I wanted to ask if staying at a hotel/motel counted as living in the country or not. I'm still trying to plan out how best to meet the requirements. Thanks in advance!
As long as the hotel/motel is in Canada and you can provide evidence.

Reactions: FinalAcorn04

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Any time in Canada counts. And they rely more upon border exits and entries to establish where you were than requiring day-by-day evidence. In other words, sure, stay at a friend's place, go camping, do whatever you want. If it's in Canada, it counts.

Reactions: FinalAcorn04

FinalAcorn04

Jul 21, 2024
Thank you to both of you! I know it's very obvious but it was just before midnight when I posted this so I just wanted to make sure I wasn't being a dope. You know how it is when you stay up all night.