+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

DUI international student

Moira1

Nov 21, 2021
Hi, im in a similar situation, can you tell me what's going on with the case. Did the charges get dropped?

Cor_

Aug 5, 2019
Hey guys, I'm in a very similar situation. Did any of you guys get any resolution on this? any hope?
There was no resolution, my friend got convicted and was inadmissible in Canada. But he left voluntarily before deportation order was issued. However my friend now moved back to United Kingdom and doing much better.

To put it in other way, if you get convicted which is 99% likely. There will be no way to stop deportation

Reactions: forevermore76

lonesheep93

Star Member
Feb 21, 2022
There was no resolution, my friend got convicted and was inadmissible in Canada. But he left voluntarily before deportation order was issued. However my friend now moved back to United Kingdom and doing much better.

To put it in other way, if you get convicted which is 99% likely. There will be no way to stop deportation
Is your friend a british national? or did he apply for a student visa?

forevermore76

May 19, 2024

Completely agree. Conviction will result in deportation after serving the sentence. Deportation can be delayed for months or years through a bunch of appeals and stuff but ultimately, the person will be deported.