+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dui, entering Canada

oxfordchick

Oct 17, 2009
My husband is from florida and i am in nova scotia right now. what i want to know is there any way about going and getting him here thats not gonna take more than two years? he got a dui in 2003 and another just recently, unfortunately. Can he apply for a work visa, or just what??

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

oxfordchick said:
My husband is from florida and i am in nova scotia right now. what i want to know is there any way about going and getting him here thats not gonna take more than two years? he got a dui in 2003 and another just recently, unfortunately. Can he apply for a work visa, or just what??
Nope, even less chance with a 2nd DUI. He would not be eligible to apply for rehabilitation until 5 years after the completion of the sentence for the last DUI. So if you sponsor him, they may issue a Temporary Resident Permit (Ministers Permit) to enter Canada, but it will be a very long process if Buffalo is willing to process it. But with 2 DUIs in 5 years, it is going to be difficult. Note that he is inadmissible as both a PR and Visitor.

PMM