+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dropshipping site

camiladell

Jul 9, 2017
Hi everyone!

I'm wondering if its possible to start a dropshipping site while you are on a work permit, In my work permit it says that I cannot work for anyone else or in any other occupation, does this apply to online selling too?

I'm about to apply for PR in one week and I already have the invitation and everything, I just dont want to do anything that can trouble my application.

Right now I don't have my site active and it's password protected so no one can buy from it, but I was just wondering if I can go ahead and do it, since I'm just working for myself (and most likely I'm not gonna make money), or stop it until I get my PR?

Thanks so much

dr feras

Champion Member
Jan 27, 2013
Hi everyone!

I'm wondering if its possible to start a dropshipping site while you are on a work permit, In my work permit it says that I cannot work for anyone else or in any other occupation, does this apply to online selling too?

I'm about to apply for PR in one week and I already have the invitation and everything, I just dont want to do anything that can trouble my application.

Right now I don't have my site active and it's password protected so no one can buy from it, but I was just wondering if I can go ahead and do it, since I'm just working for myself (and most likely I'm not gonna make money), or stop it until I get my PR?

Thanks so much
Any type of online business while on another work permit is not allowed and treated same way as working for another company. Unless you are not selling/providing services to people inside canada.

camiladell

Jul 9, 2017
Any type of online business while on another work permit is not allowed and treated same way as working for another company. Unless you are not selling/providing services to people inside canada.
So I can sell staff to people from outside Canada and I'm fine?