+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Dropping a semester on study permit

KSEHRAWAT

Oct 28, 2019
Hi, I'm an International student from India pursuing Embedded Systems from Fanshawe College in London(Sep 2019).
I plan to switch my course to Business Marketing but since the course will only start in January 2020, I'll be off study from now till then. The problem is that my study permit is only for one year and it will expire before the end of my course (the Marketing course). Please let me know any det

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, I'm an International student from India pursuing Embedded Systems from Fanshawe College in London(Sep 2019).
I plan to switch my course to Business Marketing but since the course will only start in January 2020, I'll be off study from now till then. The problem is that my study permit is only for one year and it will expire before the end of my course (the Marketing course). Please let me know any det
When did you stop attending classes? Have you received admission to the new program? Did you stop working as soon as you stopped studying?

You will have to apply to extend your study permit eventually.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
SP extension , make sure you stop working when you withdraw !!!!
Also you can apply for extension with new LOA right now.

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
And when you get your new LOA, go to IRCC account and change DLI and then apply for SP extension.

Again, make sure you stop working or you will end up working unauthorized which may harm your chances for SP extension.

Avi474

Nov 1, 2019
What about the gap as there will be a gap of 4 months and you will be idle at that time anyone have idea about this ?
Is it compulsory to join college within 90 days .