+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Driving Licence

danishali

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
Hey guys,

Iam here in Canada on a study permit. I want to apply for a canadian drivers licence. I talked to the Pakistani consulate in toronto to issue me an experience certificate for my driving experience in Pakistan. Unfortunately my Pakistani driving licence experied after I came to Canada and the Pakistani consulate says that they only issue letters for valid licences. Any suggestion what should I do. I dont want to apply from the very beginning.

I have a jugar back in Pakistan but he says licence tu ban jee ga but It would not be in the computerized database of traffic police in pakistan.. any one has any idea how does the pakistan consulate verify the information.\

Thanks

nirma1230

Jun 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
if you are pakistani then fir you must get pakistani driving license then you can apply easily on that license to canidian driving license, and the pakistani license should be international, HTV or LTV

ashokcan

Apr 28, 2011
danishali said:
Hey guys,

Iam here in Canada on a study permit. I want to apply for a canadian drivers licence. I talked to the Pakistani consulate in toronto to issue me an experience certificate for my driving experience in Pakistan. Unfortunately my Pakistani driving licence experied after I came to Canada and the Pakistani consulate says that they only issue letters for valid licences. Any suggestion what should I do. I dont want to apply from the very beginning.

I have a jugar back in Pakistan but he says licence tu ban jee ga but It would not be in the computerized database of traffic police in pakistan.. any one has any idea how does the pakistan consulate verify the information.\

Thanks
Apply for international driving license. How to use our overseas driving experience for a Canadian D/L look into this web site : www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t39566.0.html
Don't worry 8)

Habil

Feb 25, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Pls,Pls just take your time and enrol for classes instead of upgrading why?

You shall find many new things on the road that you never imagined existed.

I wish you well.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you can not renew your license through the embassy, then you have the choice of going to Pakistan on vacation to renew your license and get the experience letter. If you don't want to do that, your other choice is to apply for a license in Canada from scratch but be aware that in some provinces, if you do that without submitting a foreign license and experience letter, you will not be allowed to do it later so you would have to stick to the Canadian system and do your waiting time.

An international license will not help because an international license is not a stand-alone. It needs to be accompanied by a valid foreign license and yours is expired.

danishali

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
any one has any idea as to how the pakistani consulate verifies the licence... Do they check with the pakistani traffic police or just issue the letter just by having a look at it...
Moreover I have a friend in Pakistan who can have the licence renewed but its not legal so its not going to be in the traffic police record.. any ideas how bad could it be if they catch it?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Trying to get a Canadian drivers license faster by using a fake one? I am sure that is a criminal offence and I think it is a very bad idea to try that. Besides, how are you going to get the letter if you don't legally renew your license?

danishali

Star Member
Oct 22, 2010
@ leon.. buddy i know it is not legal but i have been officially driving back home for the past 8 years and had a valid driving licence. unfortunately I did not realize that it will help me in canada thats y i did not felt the need to renew it before coming to canada..

mrkk2010

Jul 18, 2011
Hello buddy, I think i can help you with your Driving license problem..It can be renewed.
Email me your contact details at billy.yoo.billy@gmail.com