+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

driving licence

maroraza

Star Member
Jan 11, 2008
you can drive in toronto for six month on your uk Licence but later you have to go for test as they accept Uk licence , in few countries if you go sometime they can take your licence and convert it into to Local like i had pakistani Licence and in poland they took this licence from me and without test they gave me polish driving licence but i am not sure it Canada they Convert it you should take exam after 6 months but you can drive six months on your uk licence ,

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

maroraza said:
you can drive in toronto for six month on your uk Licence but later you have to go for test as they accept Uk licence , in few countries if you go sometime they can take your licence and convert it into to Local like i had pakistani Licence and in poland they took this licence from me and without test they gave me polish driving licence but i am not sure it Canada they Convert it you should take exam after 6 months but you can drive six months on your uk licence ,
1. Read the instructions here: http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/driver/exchange.htm

PMM

Goldeagle

Jan 11, 2008
Hi,

I am in Canada from Australia.
Since in Australia we drive on the opposite side of the road from Canada, I had to do the learners Written (multiple choice) exam, then I just had to do the practical exam to get my open/full license.
They did take into concideration how long I had had my Australian License for though.
They also sent my Australian License back to Australia.
It does not expire till your birthday, and if your visa expires before your birthday.... it is still valid till your birthday.

Have a good one