+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Driving into Canada, Vehicle Ownership/Reg requirments.

ktm300exc

Dec 26, 2011
Hello all, 1st post here....

In July of this upcoming year I plan on taking my GF, her 2 kids and myself to PEI for 1 week of vacation.

We are in the process of getting Passports for each of us, getting a notarized letter from the Father (There divorced) consenting to his children traveling into Canada, along with documentation (Prescription and Dr.'s Note) for my Gf's Daughters Epi-Pen (Allergic to Peanuts) which hopefully should easy our entry into and out of Canada.

My real question is I plan on borrowing my Mothers vehicle as it is more reliable than my GF's Mini Van, and my Truck won't accommodate all of us, so what types of documentation will I need at the Border crossing? I can have the Registration and Title to the vehicle however they will not have my name, they will have my Mothers name on them, will this be an issue?

Also, I keep reading about Financial statements and the needed proof of sufficient funds to enter into Canada? What will I and my GF need to comply with this?

Any other helpful hints to make this process go smoothly? I don't want to pay for our beach rental, drive 11 hours from Mass. to the Ferry/Border in Maine, only to be turned away because I don't have some sort of proper documentation.

Thanks.

Waz

Sep 18, 2011
If you are all citizens of the USA with valid Passports, you will have nothing to worry about.
Looks like you have everything covered.

Hopefully you don't have any criminal convictions in the USA? These may make you inadmissible to Canada.