+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Draft Gift Deed Template

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all, can you please cast your eyes over this 'Draft Gift Deed' and let me know if I can improve it.

This Deed of Gift is executed today the (X) day of (Month), 2015 by (JoacRy’s father), aged (Y), years, s/o, residing at 123 ABC Street, (City), (Country) (here-in after called the ‘Donor’) in favour of the done (JoaRy) mentioned hereafter.

1. Where as the donor is absolutely entitled to $AUD X of his own free will, and accord, and while in a sound state of mind, is desirous of making a gift of aforesaid $AUD X to Joacry residing at 456 Fake Street, Canada.

2. And whereas for the purpose of giving effects to such desire the donor has delivered the amount of $AUD X via Electronic Bank Transfer Account dated dd/mm/yyyy for amount of $AUD X drawn on DEF Bank, Australia, favoring to JoacRy the Donee free from encumbrances to hold the same absolutely for ever.

3. That no other persons shall have any right over the above-mentioned assets during the life time of the Donor or thereafter.

6. The Donee shall now stand possessed of the said $AUD X and it may be utilized by the Donee in whatsoever manner and for whatever purpose is required for the purposes of settlement in Canada.

7. This gift shall be an irrevocable gift. Which is accepted by the Donee.

In witness whereof the parties hereto have hereunto set their respective hands this day, month and year first hereinabove written.

WITNESS: --
JoacRy’s Father
1. ------------------------ DONOR------------------------------

Joacry

2. ------------------------ DONEE------------------------------

Reactions: Ujee

ppahuja

Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
This should work without any issues. Good luck!!

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your opinion @ppahuja. Also a couple of other questions:

1) Does this need to be signed on the date of transfer (a few montgs ago) or can it be signed on today's date. I was personally thinking the day after the transfer. Is this OK?

2) do we need two separate witnesses?

3) I don't think it needs notarizing? Am I correct?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
JoacRy said:
Thanks for your opinion @ppahuja. Also a couple of other questions:

1) Does this need to be signed on the date of transfer (a few montgs ago) or can it be signed on today's date. I was personally thinking the day after the transfer. Is this OK?

2) do we need two separate witnesses?

3) I don't think it needs notarizing? Am I correct?
1) Sign it after the date on which the money was credited into your account.

2) Not necessarily, IMO!

3) Get it notarized - would look authentic and solid!

pr_s

Oct 30, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:

2) Not necessarily, IMO!

Hi Raj,
That means it can be sign after a week of amount being credited. But can not be few months later?
and No witnesses at all? just notarised?

utsav1706

Star Member
Oct 8, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
26-03-2017
File Transfer...
26-06-2017
Med's Done....
26-05-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:

2) Not necessarily, IMO!

Hi, I think one can give the gift deed even after few months of the transfer amount date, it won't matter.

Because you are just disclosing that such and such amount was a gift, and nothing else.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Seeker16

Star Member
Jun 28, 2016
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-09-2016
Doc's Request.
25-01-2017
AOR Received.
12-04-2017
I might take this as sample, thanks JoacRy

pr_s

Oct 30, 2016
JoacRy said:
Please help guys
Hi mate,

Just wanted to ask you whether if you have drafted it yourself or its a legal piece of work? Was just concerned as i have to obatain one yet too for myself

Escobar Gaviria

Oct 10, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-11-2016
AOR Received.
April 17th, 2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
16-06-2017
Passport Req..
22-08-2017
LANDED..........
Hopefully 2017
What is the difference between gift deed and affidavit?

Both are made on stamp pamper of certain worth.

Alii2017

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
In your gift deed document, do you need to include information on how the amount is transferred (e.g. electronic bank transfer, cheque number, etc.)?

My father wants to send me about $7000 but I currently live in the states, so 3 of my friends are going to transfer 2, 3 thousand dollars to my account each and my father will pay their families back home. I do not think this can be explained in my gift deed. Would that be OK if I get a gift deed from my father without info on how the money is transferred?

Alii2017

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
Alii2017 said:
In your gift deed document, do you need to include information on how the amount is transferred (e.g. electronic bank transfer, cheque number, etc.)?

My father wants to send me about $7000 but I currently live in the states, so 3 of my friends are going to transfer 2, 3 thousand dollars to my account each and my father will pay their families back home. I do not think this can be explained in my gift deed. Would that be OK if I get a gift deed from my father without info on how the money is transferred?
any thoughts?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alii2017 said:

No. You need to provide proof of transfer.

achan88

Star Member
Nov 3, 2015
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-05-2017
AOR Received.
05-05-2017
Med's Done....
24-06-2017
Passport Req..
26-09-2017
Hello. Does this document need to be on stamp paper of certain amount? Or will a printed copy stamped and notarized will do?

Thank you.