+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Douglas collage BC canada 1 year post degree diploma in Info.& comm. Tech

harry101

May 28, 2013
Hii friends,

I am computer science student.I got offer letter from Douglas collage BC Canada for 1 year post degree diploma in Info.& comm. Technology.I haven't paid fee yet ,during next week fee will be sent to collage.If anybody can tell me is this course a good one for applying immigration? After 1 year will i get only one year of work permit or less.? Or should i switch to some other course after arriving to canada.?

for universities i have to wait and my parents are saying i should go right now if there is ni problem with visa.Douglas collage is a SPP collage ,how SPP collage is helpful?

Lots of confusions are in my mind ,I shall be very thankful to forum members.Plz help me.

paritosh_thanki

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Hi,

Douglas colg is very old and reputed. As per my thinking you wont get rejection when you have got admission in douglas. I am not much familiar about douglas but I have got an admission in animation institute which is very near to douglas thus I know it. College has lots of courses and you application will look really genuine to visa office. So without any doubt go ahead.
Please stay in touch because we both have got admission in same area so may be we can help each other for accommodation.

If you want better communication please reach me at facebook.
fb dot com / paritoshthanki

paritosh_thanki

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
Having a SPP colg is one advantage because your application will be considered as a serious application and it will process faster compare to general category applications.
So you can hope for your visa acceptance within 10-12 working days.

harry101

May 28, 2013
@RameshDeva

yes i have paid the full fee waiting for confirmation from collage.

@paritosh_thanki

so ur course is grauation based or post graduation based. Have u paid the fee...hw much?

paritosh_thanki

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
My course is not rlated to any grad or post grad. It is diploma certificate course.
My educational profile is like this. 4 yr BE computer, 3 year diploma in animation, 1 yr job in animation and now 1 yr specialization in animation.

I am paying 1st semester fees by this monday. As a CIC rule, you need to pay only 1st semester fees to get visa, not full fees. But even if you pay full fees then there is not any issue.
When are you applying for visa?

chaitnay7777

Star Member
Nov 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
one of my friend is in douglas he went there in jan intake under marketing and finance pg dipolma for 1 yr...he tells me the clg is awsme and the whole atmosphere there is very good..but the main problem is d clg does not have much industrial link-ups so u have to wrk very hard to get a job...also 1 yr pg diploma is not sufficent for pr u have to go for one more year of study...he is also thinking of moving to alberta bcauz pr rules are relaxed as compared to B.C. also there is high risk of working on cash (illegal) in b.c bcauz the goverment is very strict there. so if u r going to b.c try to get 2 yr progrm then where thing will go smoothly also living conditons in b.c is the best in whole canada...also all the consultants are telling people to go for douglas bcaus of the high commision from the clg......

harry101

May 28, 2013
chaitnay7777 said:
one of my friend is in douglas he went there in jan intake under marketing and finance pg dipolma for 1 yr...he tells me the clg is awsme and the whole atmosphere there is very good..but the main problem is d clg does not have much industrial link-ups so u have to wrk very hard to get a job...also 1 yr pg diploma is not sufficent for pr u have to go for one more year of study...he is also thinking of moving to alberta bcauz pr rules are relaxed as compared to B.C. also there is high risk of working on cash (illegal) in b.c bcauz the goverment is very strict there. so if u r going to b.c try to get 2 yr progrm then where thing will go smoothly also living conditons in b.c is the best in whole canada...also all the consultants are telling people to go for douglas bcaus of the high commision from the clg......
Hii ,i got letter of acceptance from collage but their are spelling mistakes in my address and agent is saying its not a big deal it can be corrected later on.So you are saying Alberta has better opportunities as well as easy PR than BC?...which course ur friend is planning to do?? Can i change my course after coming to Canada?...Initially i thought of applying in some Alberta collage/uni...but i was not able to find a PG course there.

thanks.

chaitnay7777

Star Member
Nov 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
harry101 said:
Hii ,i got letter of acceptance from collage but their are spelling mistakes in my address and agent is saying its not a big deal it can be corrected later on.So you are saying Alberta has better opportunities as well as easy PR than BC?...which course ur friend is planning to do?? Can i change my course after coming to Canada?...Initially i thought of applying in some Alberta collage/uni...but i was not able to find a PG course there.

thanks.
errors in letter of acceptance is not a new thing it happens all the time....in my frnds offer letter it was written degree and he had gone for diploma so dont worry.....and bro he may migrate to alberta due to relaxed pr rules....and he only told me try to cme fr 2 yr study so it will help u latter on.....but douglas is very good clg

RameshDeva

Jun 5, 2013
wwwDOTdouglas.bc.ca/application-services.html

Login to my account using your student id and update your address.... :)

paritosh_thanki

Star Member
Jun 28, 2012
You should make correction if there is mistake in your letter of acceptance. Visa officer doesnt know actual spellings....If they find something suspicious then there are chances of visa rejection. So it is always better to make everything correct.