+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Doubts with staying in India and working for Canadian company

Mar 13, 2022
Hi,

I’m currently on a Canadian Work Permit and working for a Canadian Company. I haven’t applied for PR yet. Recently I had to travel to India from Canada in December 2021. Now I would like to extend my stay till 1st of June 2022 due to some personal issues. I’m on a Canadian Payroll and paying the taxes. I’m also using all the bank accounts credit cards in India that I have in canada. I also own a car and paying the insurance for it aswell. I’ll be completing 1 year of employment with Canadian company this July 2022, and I’m planning to apply for my PR. Any problems that I should consider now for my PR and any tax related problems I have to consider?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

I’m currently on a Canadian Work Permit and working for a Canadian Company. I haven’t applied for PR yet. Recently I had to travel to India from Canada in December 2021. Now I would like to extend my stay till 1st of June 2022 due to some personal issues. I’m on a Canadian Payroll and paying the taxes. I’m also using all the bank accounts credit cards in India that I have in canada. I also own a car and paying the insurance for it aswell. I’ll be completing 1 year of employment with Canadian company this July 2022, and I’m planning to apply for my PR. Any problems that I should consider now for my PR and any tax related problems I have to consider?
Apply for PR anytime because your experience in India doesn’t count as Canadian experience under CEC. Do you have one yer of Canadian experience (in Canada) to be eligible?

Mar 13, 2022
I’m currently working for a Canadian company since July 2021 and working for the same company through wfh on Canadian payroll since December from India. Will my experience doesn’t count while I stay in India?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I’m currently working for a Canadian company since July 2021 and working for the same company through wfh on Canadian payroll since December from India. Will my experience doesn’t count while I stay in India?
Your work experience in India will count, but only as foreign work experience, not Canadian work experience.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Your experience counts as foreign experience but not Canadian. You need to be in Canada to count Canadian experience.

Mar 13, 2022
So though I’m on a Canadian payroll, my experience won’t be considered as Canadian experience if I’m not staying in Canada. Is that right?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
So though I’m on a Canadian payroll, my experience won’t be considered as Canadian experience if I’m not staying in Canada. Is that right?
Correct. It doesn’t matter that you are on Canadian payroll. You aren’t working IN Canada which is the requirement for CEC. So if you are eligible for FSW then submit a profile.

Are you eligible for PNP?