+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Double Application

DocFerds

May 17, 2010
My wife is currently in the Philippines processing her papers as caregiver there in Canada. In her application, she included me and my 2 children (ages 6 and 4) for us to follow her in the future. From what I heard, when she finally gets to work there, the time that we can follow her would take at least 4 years since she is there only for Temporary Visa. I think I find it too long for us to be reunited with my wife.

I am now planning to have separate application for Immigrant Visa for me and my 2 children. I think this would take 1-2 years for us to come to Canada if approved. Would this be a problem since there will be double application (application from my wife and new separate application for me and my kids)?

Is there any other way or process for the time frame be shortened for us and my wife be reunited in Canada?

Thank you very much in advance for answering my query.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
DocFerds said:
My wife is currently in the Philippines processing her papers as caregiver there in Canada. In her application, she included me and my 2 children (ages 6 and 4) for us to follow her in the future. From what I heard, when she finally gets to work there, the time that we can follow her would take at least 4 years since she is there only for Temporary Visa. I think I find it too long for us to be reunited with my wife.

I am now planning to have separate application for Immigrant Visa for me and my 2 children. I think this would take 1-2 years for us to come to Canada if approved. Would this be a problem since there will be double application (application from my wife and new separate application for me and my kids)?

Is there any other way or process for the time frame be shortened for us and my wife be reunited in Canada?

Thank you very much in advance for answering my query.
Why apply only for yourself and your two children? When you send your application for PR include your wife too even when she's already in Canada. You never know, your PR application will progress faster than her working out the required two years/3900 hours then applying for her PR with you. There are cases when two applications are in process.

DocFerds

May 17, 2010
Thanks a lot job seeker for the answer for my querry!

Anyway my wife was recently rejected in her interview in Can embassy for the reason that the interviewer was not satisfied with her answers. So our next option is for us whole family to apply for Immigrant visa instead!

My next dilemna is this. I am presently working in the middle east and my wife and my kids are in the Philippines. So who is better to be the principal applicant. My wife has relatives (uncle and aunt) in BC. So is it better for her to be the principal applicant?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
DocFerds said:
Thanks a lot job seeker for the answer for my querry!

Anyway my wife was recently rejected in her interview in Can embassy for the reason that the interviewer was not satisfied with her answers. So our next option is for us whole family to apply for Immigrant visa instead!

My next dilemna is this. I am presently working in the middle east and my wife and my kids are in the Philippines. So who is better to be the principal applicant. My wife has relatives (uncle and aunt) in BC. So is it better for her to be the principal applicant?
Look at your options, the route you're going to take and determine your eligibility. If you both are eligible then she has additional points having relatives in Canada. Take the online assessment:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp (skilled)