+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does work exprience as garduate student count as canadian work exprience?

Natali14

Jul 6, 2014
Hi,

Does anybody know if the work that we have down in grad school including Research Assistant and Teaching Assistant also count as Canadian work experience? Because technically although these jobs have been part of the graduate study, but we got paid for them which is not the case for all graduate studies (mostly is for science people). So would that be count toward my work experience? I am afraid if I put it on my profile to see if they accept it or not after invitation, they will consider it as misleading information...Any idea? I already have one year work experience after my study for CEC and I know for CEC they don't count such work experiences, but does any body know about other categories?

Thank you so much!

tiffany123

Nov 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 3rd 2015
Doc's Request.
Dec 1st 2015
Nomination.....
Oct 19th 2015 (OPNP)
AOR Received.
Nov 3rd 2015
Passport Req..
March 18th 2016
VISA ISSUED...
April 1s t2016
LANDED..........
Inland applicant
I dont think so since any work when you are under student visa doesnt count. Hope that helps.

SilkRoute

Jul 14, 2014
Express entry made it worse for graduates. They don't even count jobs of NOC 0 or A with a post-graduate work permit (LMIA-exempt).

Natali14

Jul 6, 2014
SilkRoute said:
Express entry made it worse for graduates. They don't even count jobs of NOC 0 or A with a post-graduate work permit (LMIA-exempt).
Thank you guys. They don't count work experience under post-graduate work permit?! do mind sharing the source?

SilkRoute

Jul 14, 2014
Me and a bunch of my friends tried filling the express entry form. Got 0 for jobs with a PGWP (LMIA-exempt) with NOC A 1 year of experience.

victorxman182

Jan 29, 2015
SilkRoute said:
Me and a bunch of my friends tried filling the express entry form. Got 0 for jobs with a PGWP (LMIA-exempt) with NOC A 1 year of experience.
That is wrong information. Work experience under PGWP does count as eligible work experience. To get points for 1 year of work experience it has to be continuous.

Any work experience obtained during a study permit is not eligible.

SilkRoute

Jul 14, 2014
Yes, one is eligible to apply. There is no problem in applying. They just offer you 0 points for continuous work experience of one year in NOC A class under PGWP (LMIA-exempt). And when you are getting 0 points for work experience, the total points won't be sufficient.

Please follow the thread on Canadian experience class > 'CEC no longer good for graduates?'. A lot of graduates are facing this problem.

april2014_AINP

May 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have 1 year work experience on my PGWP (non-LMIA) in NOC 2132 (A). I got 40 points for the work experience.