+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does the roles and responsibilities letter need to include all the titles held?

rajatkhare

Star Member
Dec 2, 2018
Hey guys,
I joined the company as let's say Title A. I got promoted there to let's say Title B. When I left the company, my relieving letter had the latest title (Title B).
Do I need to include both Title A and Title B in the roles and responsibilities letter or just Title B is sufficient? Howver, my offer letter has the other title.

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Hey guys,
I joined the company as let's say Title A. I got promoted there to let's say Title B. When I left the company, my relieving letter had the latest title (Title B).
Do I need to include both Title A and Title B in the roles and responsibilities letter or just Title B is sufficient? Howver, my offer letter has the other title.
Provide a separate letter of reference for each position you have held and combine along all related pay stubs for each position in a PDF file.

EX:
Letter of reference Title A
Pay slips Title A
In one PDF

Same applies to the rest.

* Reference letter must be on company header letter asserting your:
-Name as per passport
- Your designation
- Gross Salary
- Working hours per week
- Duration in this position ( if current you should indicate up to day)
- Your Duties
- Supervisor or and HR manager name and full contact
- Company stamp/ seal

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html
GL

Reactions: rajatkhare

rajatkhare

Star Member
Dec 2, 2018
Provide a separate letter of reference for each position you have held and combine along all related pay stubs for each position in a PDF file.

EX:
Letter of reference Title A
Pay slips Title A
In one PDF

Same applies to the rest.

* Reference letter must be on company header letter asserting your:
-Name as per passport
- Your designation
- Gross Salary
- Working hours per week
- Duration in this position ( if current you should indicate up to day)
- Your Duties
- Supervisor or and HR manager name and full contact
- Company stamp/ seal

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html
GL
Thanks! I'm not sure if the company will give separate letters for each title but incluing both titles in the same letter should work, right?

Bacelor

Oct 20, 2017
Thanks! I'm not sure if the company will give separate letters for each title but incluing both titles in the same letter should work, right?
If you have to it should be fine, make sure that each title you held is organized in a good chronological manner according to the above mandatory criteria and eventually stack up as many pay slips you might have.

Note pdf file should not exceed 4mb sharp.
Still it is better organized if you could obtain separates letter believe me both methods results the same file only it is about how convenient your data presentation is for the reader.

All best luck

rajatkhare

Star Member
Dec 2, 2018
If you have to it should be fine, make sure that each title you held is organized in a good chronological manner according to the above mandatory criteria and eventually stack up as many pay slips you might have.

Note pdf file should not exceed 4mb sharp.
Still it is better organized if you could obtain separates letter believe me both methods results the same file only it is about how convenient your data presentation is for the reader.

All best luck
Thanks, mate!

Reactions: Bacelor

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
I had 4 different titles on single letter and it worked just fine. You just upload the letter 4 times for each job title.

Hchadda

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-02-2020
Make sure that the your title roles and responsibilities match the NOC roles and responsibilities you are applying under. My application was once rejected because of this. Don't just assume that your agent (if you have one) would know. Do your research and make sure that they match exactly.

rajatkhare

Star Member
Dec 2, 2018
Make sure that the your title roles and responsibilities match the NOC roles and responsibilities you are applying under. My application was once rejected because of this. Don't just assume that your agent (if you have one) would know. Do your research and make sure that they match exactly.
Do you know if we can verify the NOC somewhere? I read there was an IRCC email for that but apparently it doesn't work anymore.

Hchadda

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-02-2020
Do you know if we can verify the NOC somewhere? I read there was an IRCC email for that but apparently it doesn't work anymore.
Are you applying under the FSW system? If so, then you must have selected a NOC#. The roles and responsibilities, as IRCC understands it, will be listed under the that NOC#, just re-word your own role and responsibilities so that they match each other as closely as possible. No harm in attaching an explanation letter explaining how your role matches the NOC to the DOT!!!

rajatkhare

Star Member
Dec 2, 2018
Are you applying under the FSW system? If so, then you must have selected a NOC#. The roles and responsibilities, as IRCC understands it, will be listed under the that NOC#, just re-word your own role and responsibilities so that they match each other as closely as possible. No harm in attaching an explanation letter explaining how your role matches the NOC to the DOT!!!
Yeah, that's what I'm doing right now. I was just wondering if there's a way to get an official confirmation.

Hchadda

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-02-2020
Yeah, that's what I'm doing right now. I was just wondering if there's a way to get an official confirmation.
I don't know what you mean by official confirmation, as in from IRCC?? Then no, you just have to do your own due diligence and make sure that the roles match exactly. I wasn't aware that my roles, as IRCC understands and defines it, don't match, even though the titles exactly matched. They simply denied my application without any chance to respond. I had to reapply all over from scratch.

rajatkhare

Star Member
Dec 2, 2018
I don't know what you mean by official confirmation, as in from IRCC?? Then no, you just have to do your own due diligence and make sure that the roles match exactly. I wasn't aware that my roles, as IRCC understands and defines it, don't match, even though the titles exactly matched. They simply denied my application without any chance to respond. I had to reapply all over from scratch.
Yeah, I meant IRCC. Thanks for the advice! I'll be careful with it.

Reactions: Hchadda

Hchadda

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Kuwait
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
17-02-2020
Yeah, I meant IRCC. Thanks for the advice! I'll be careful with it.
Just don't make any assumptions that things will seem obvious to IRCC. You have to explain everything to them as if you're explaining to a 5yr old with a learning disability. Your resume with the roles and responsibilities should match IRCC's definition of the NOC. Your reference letters from work should also have the same language. If you are on good terms with your employers and colleagues then type out the reference letter(s) yourself and ask them to stamp and sign it. Good luck with everything dude!!

rajatkhare

Star Member
Dec 2, 2018
Just don't make any assumptions that things will seem obvious to IRCC. You have to explain everything to them as if you're explaining to a 5yr old with a learning disability. Your resume with the roles and responsibilities should match IRCC's definition of the NOC. Your reference letters from work should also have the same language. If you are on good terms with your employers and colleagues then type out the reference letter(s) yourself and ask them to stamp and sign it. Good luck with everything dude!!
Any idea where I can find a sample LOE explaining the roles? Of course, different jobs will have different explanations but I would like to use one for reference.