+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does the amount of time put into making an indie game/app count as work experience for express entry?

Jul 16, 2023
Hi,

I've released some apps and games for my own benefit, which generated money. Therefore, technically I was paid, directly by users, to do a full-time job. Is this acceptable as work experience under the qualification criteria for express entry?

Thank you, wonderful people.

Jul 16, 2023
Doesn't anyone have any info to share on this subject?
Btw, my apps have been released over the Apple Store & Google Play, so I can refer to them to demonstrate the evidence of my work experience. If needed, I could even show the profit I made from promotions. Even I received some investment for a marginal number of my projects.

I'd appreciate it if someone could shed some light on the matter.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Doesn't anyone have any info to share on this subject?
Btw, my apps have been released over the Apple Store & Google Play, so I can refer to them to demonstrate the evidence of my work experience. If needed, I could even show the profit I made from promotions. Even I received some investment for a marginal number of my projects.

I'd appreciate it if someone could shed some light on the matter.
Possibly as self employed (I could be wrong) and if it is foriegn experience, this has to be 1 year continuous in the chosen NOC to be eligible under express entry.

Reactions: canadasbeautiful