+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

does postdoctoral fellow on work permit comes in CEC

vsrivastava

Jan 10, 2014
Hi, please any one can tell that postdoctoral fellow can apply in CEC or not. i am a post doctoral fellow and working on work permit from last one years. an i eligible for CEC application

CS2012

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2013
Doc's Request.
xx-xx-xxxx
Nomination.....
xx-xx-xxxx
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
IELTS Request
Sent along with Application
File Transfer...
16-03-2012
Med's Request
07-10-2013
Med's Done....
26-10-2013
Interview........
xx-xx-xxxx
Passport Req..
28-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2014
vsrivastava said:
Hi, please any one can tell that postdoctoral fellow can apply in CEC or not. i am a post doctoral fellow and working on work permit from last one years. an i eligible for CEC application
Hi Srivastava,
Yes PDFs are eligible under CEC category! I recently got PR under CEC category(applied Feb 2013)! Arrange good recommendation from your supervisor and good IELTS score!
All the best!
CS

vsrivastava

Jan 10, 2014
hello CS thanks for the reply.

can you please tell me this?

I want to apply for PR in CEC. I have been working as post doc in research in a hospital in ON canada.
My work permit says class " bio-technologist and technician" (code-2221) which has following employment requirments

1. Completion of a two- to three-year college program in a field related to agriculture, biology, microbiology, wildlife or resource management is usually required for employment as a biological technologist.
2. Completion of a one- to two-year college program in a related field is required for employment as a biological technician.
3. Certification with provincial associations is available, but voluntary.

I fulfill the first one as I have my bachoers in biology and chemistry, but not second one.

I do have my MSc and PhD in chemistry, so I can apply in Chemist category but in that case my work permit is saying "bio-technologist and technician" is different. in which category i should apply?

CS2012

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-02-2013
Doc's Request.
xx-xx-xxxx
Nomination.....
xx-xx-xxxx
AOR Received.
13-03-2013
IELTS Request
Sent along with Application
File Transfer...
16-03-2012
Med's Request
07-10-2013
Med's Done....
26-10-2013
Interview........
xx-xx-xxxx
Passport Req..
28-10-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-11-2013
LANDED..........
10-04-2014
Hi,
It's difficult question. What's the NOC for chemistry category? Is it NOC 2112 (http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/Profile.aspx?val=2&val1=2112) or NOC 2212 (http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/Noc/2011/profile.aspx?val1=2211)? You have to do research for this before applying.
How does NOC 2221 match with NOC 2112 or 2112 for chemistry. See the job profiles and request your supervisor for the ref. letter based on the NOC job titles.
Thanks
CS

orgchem

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-11-2013
AOR Received.
22-12-2013
Hi:

I do have PhD Chemistry and applied under CEC using NOC2112. It suits us exactly. Another point is that it is not at all concern about your job title in work permit. Even in my two work permit it has two different job titles. One of my friend applied who was in same scenario and got his medicals.

you have to choose NOC code based on your job responsibilities.

If you are a chemist or doing biochemist work you can choose NOC2112, If you are doing tutoring you can choose NOC4112, however there some rejection cases in this scenario. I suggest you read NOC2112 and ask your professor to write reference letter matching duties corresponds to NOC2112. Letter should includes your salary, period of working, etc.

Both need IELTS or CELPIP score equivalent to Canadian bench mark 7.

All the best

grishan1

Sep 5, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 28, 2013
AOR Received.
Apr 12, 2013
Med's Request
Dec 7, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Dec 18, 2013
LANDED..........
Jan 24, 2014
There is NOC 4011 for postdoc, but definition of a postdoc job according to CIC is mostly teaching, not research.
Read carefully this case of rejection: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t172731.0.html
If you apply as a postdoc, you should represent yourself as a teacher (and research is a second part).

Also many postdocs have T4A (self-employment and scholarships) taxes form instead of T4.
If this is your case, you should ask your supervisor to stress in the reference letter that you were employed, and do not include contract to your application (if it says that you are trainee but nor employee), etc...

vsrivastava

Jan 10, 2014
Thanks a lot CS and other. as i understood from your reply, though my work permit is saying bio-technologist and technician NOC code 2221, I can apply for chemist NOC 2112 right?

If I am seeing employment requirement and job duties, this NOC code 2112 is better matching with my duties.
as i am working on synthesis characterization and activity testing of chemical entities.

so, can i apply in chemist category 2112 no matter what work permit says?

Glaucio

Feb 10, 2014
Hello fellows,

I am in the same situation. Last January I met my one-year requirement demanded to apply in the CEC. However, there is a "detail" in my situation that is taking my sleep away. I am working in the Department of Computer Science at Ryerson University and I am figuring out to apply in the NOC 2147 Computer engineers since my activities meet:

Research, design and develop information and communication system network architecture

Research, evaluate and integrate network system and data communication hardware and software

Assess, document and optimize the capacity and performance of information and communication system networks

However, I am paid by the Brazilian government. In the contract I signed I have the option to stay in Canada as long as I refund the Research Agency.
Do you believe I can apply with with that constraint?
Sincerely

psab2014

Star Member
Jul 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 3, 2014
Doc's Request.
March 11, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 11, 2015
Med's Request
March 11, 2016
Med's Done....
March 17, 2016
Interview........
RPRF March 14 (upfront)
Passport Req..
waiting :o
Hi Glaucio,

Did you get this information? I'm in the exactly same situation as you… Have you applied yet? I'll appreciate if you can tell me what you did!

Thanks!!!

Glaucio said:
Hello fellows,

I am in the same situation. Last January I met my one-year requirement demanded to apply in the CEC. However, there is a "detail" in my situation that is taking my sleep away. I am working in the Department of Computer Science at Ryerson University and I am figuring out to apply in the NOC 2147 Computer engineers since my activities meet:

Research, design and develop information and communication system network architecture

Research, evaluate and integrate network system and data communication hardware and software

Assess, document and optimize the capacity and performance of information and communication system networks

However, I am paid by the Brazilian government. In the contract I signed I have the option to stay in Canada as long as I refund the Research Agency.
Sincerely

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
I think any work experience FOR a Canadian company or research institution IN Canada counts for CEC. They don't say the funding has to come from a Canadian source. In fact, you can even work for a foreign international company's branch in Canada and that still counts for CEC.

Glaucio said:
Hello fellows,

Sincerely