+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does my work experience count?

Tonton25

Jul 10, 2021
Hi I have 2 years work experience. 1.5 years at company A and .5 year as company B. However when I requested a employment reference letter from company A, they stated they cannot say I was employed with them because technically the are just a ‘brand name’ and not a registered company. I worked on tv shows and signed contracts with the tv show production companies and was paid by said production companies. Company A provided a location to work, the computers, handled payroll, had an HR, benefits etc. I worked as a team with other people and had a hierarchy to report to. However I have multiple t4 slips for each production company I had a contract with. My problem is that they can’t say I was employed with company A because I was technically employed with the production companies. I got an ITA but I put my employment history as Company A and not each production company.
1. Is this an issue that I was basically contracted out to other companies? Will this work count toward my skilled work experience for points?
2. Would stating company A name instead of each production company be wrong? Do I need to list them all?

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi I have 2 years work experience. 1.5 years at company A and .5 year as company B. However when I requested a employment reference letter from company A, they stated they cannot say I was employed with them because technically the are just a ‘brand name’ and not a registered company. I worked on tv shows and signed contracts with the tv show production companies and was paid by said production companies. Company A provided a location to work, the computers, handled payroll, had an HR, benefits etc. I worked as a team with other people and had a hierarchy to report to. However I have multiple t4 slips for each production company I had a contract with. My problem is that they can’t say I was employed with company A because I was technically employed with the production companies. I got an ITA but I put my employment history as Company A and not each production company.
1. Is this an issue that I was basically contracted out to other companies? Will this work count toward my skilled work experience for points?
2. Would stating company A name instead of each production company be wrong? Do I need to list them all?
Were you working full-time for those production companies? how many companies did you work with?

Usually, whichever company pays the salary has to write a reference letter.

Tonton25

Jul 10, 2021
Were you working full-time for those production companies? how many companies did you work with?

Usually, whichever company pays the salary has to write a reference letter.
Yes I worked full time for each contract. I worked for 4 production companies. My contract said I was employed by these companies, however company A is the one who arranged the contract signing. I would not have been able to go to these companies directly without company A. It’s a weird situation because I was working in a building called company A but contractually employed by all these production companies

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Yes I worked full time for each contract. I worked for 4 production companies. My contract said I was employed by these companies, however company A is the one who arranged the contract signing. I would not have been able to go to these companies directly without company A. It’s a weird situation because I was working in a building called company A but contractually employed by all these production companies
If you worked full time, just ask the company who paid you the salary. They are the ones responsible for the reference letters. Simple.