+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does my husband need a Police Character Certificate if I am sponsoring him? (UK)

faar23

Jul 13, 2016
Hello,

This is my first post, so please excuse any errors.

My husband and I live in the UK (England) and we have a 1.5 year old daughter together. He has been living here since 2009 and I moved here in 2013 and right now we are both residing in UK. Husband is here on a tier 2 work visa and my daughter and I are on tier 2 partner/work visa. All of our visas will be expiring soon in August 2016.

I am now planning to sponsor my husband and daughter to Canada under spouse visa and dependent child visa respectively. I was wondering does my husband need a police character certificate from UK and Pakistan (since he is Pakistani and has visited there for ore than 6 months since 2009).

The information I have read states that you need a PCC if you are coming as a live in care giver, tourist, student or temporary worker. My husband will not be coming as any of those so does he need one still?

Also I will be applying for the sponsorship visa from UK, is that fine? Or do I have to be in Canada to apply for his sponsorship? I am a naturalized Canadian citizen. If I go to Canada then I will have to take my daughter with me as a visitor, would that be an issue? I mean will they ask at the airport why my husband didn't come with me? Once I get there and apply for his and my daughter's sponsorship, would that cause any issues?

Thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
He needs PCCs from both the UK and Pakistan.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also I will be applying for the sponsorship visa from UK, is that fine? Or do I have to be in Canada to apply for his sponsorship?
Are you a Canadian citizen?

If I go to Canada then I will have to take my daughter with me as a visitor, would that be an issue?

I mean will they ask at the airport why my husband didn't come with me?
Maybe not, if you could convince them on the border that you only visiting for a reasonable short time and for some important reason your husband could not come.

Once I get there and apply for his and my daughter's sponsorship, would that cause any issues?
It could be if you apply right after you get to Canada. If you wait for a couple of months- then it will be OK.
Also, because you have a child you will probably need to get a job in Canada first.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Just be aware if travelling with your daughter as visitor but without your husband you may need to have to hand an authority letter from your husband as per guidance in this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/minors.asp