+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does immigrant's CV has a value?

santi_marlon

Sep 19, 2019
As I said, if you don't have a valid work permit in Canada, it is such a hassle for Canadian employers to employ you because of the law. The employer would have to spend months of time and quite a bit of money to be able to employ you on a closed work permit. Really, no employer will want to do that; unless you're really really good and that employer wants to employ you really really much. Hope that was clear.
I get thank you

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
NOT yet

Please give a link to one of them as an example

and
you meant Canadian style should like a functional CV ?
I think the first step is to stop calling it a CV. It's normally referred to your resume.
And for North American resume, we do not put any information about person profile. (e.g. I 've seen asian resume with age, height, gender...etc. And that's not acceptable.) A lot of IT/software company also view your online profile as a resume as well (e.g. your LinkedIn profile )

I think most industry do scan your resume for the specific skills they wanted first and then only interview candidates that fit the required skill set.

On top of the technology, language skill, ability to communicate and teamwork (how you work with others) are pretty typical softskill employers look for.

I still have problem understanding your questions. Some professions will need special exams and certification before they can work in Canada again. (e.g. medical doctors, dentists, engineers...etc) Some can start at similar prosition as long as they can demostrate that they have the skill required and have valid status to work in Canada. (Are you a new PR or a foreign worker? )

santi_marlon

Sep 19, 2019
I think the first step is to stop calling it a CV. It's normally referred to your resume.
Yes, I'm sorry
Are you a new PR or a foreign worker? )
PR

just could you response me one query please
for someone with multiple skills in different fields such as management, IT , programing
this could be made any problem ? I'm asking , because many employers might be thinking that this job seeker does not have in-depth experience in one field

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Yes, I'm sorry

PR

just could you response me one query please
for someone with multiple skills in different fields such as management, IT , programing
this could be made any problem ? I'm asking , because many employers might be thinking that this job seeker does not have in-depth experience in one field
Did you read previous responses? For each job application, you usually submit your resume and a cover letter. In the cover letter, you can highlight your specific skill (may the position be in management or programming) that position you are applying for. Do not send out generic cover letter. You need to customize the cover letter for each position.

Reactions: santi_marlon
Sep 29, 2023
Lowes Survey
The $500 Lowe'sLowe's Sweepstakes is selected at random each month. The winner will be chosen at random and announced by Lowe's. The participants' eligible Sweepstakes submissions submitted during each applicable entry period are taken into account for the random drawing.

Sep 29, 2023
Lowes Survey
This post will be lengthy. We shall first learn about Lowe's as a business. The Lowe's guest satisfaction survey and its purpose, the survey incentives, eligibility requirements, and guidelines are then covered.

Dec 14, 2023
www.Lowes.com/Survey: The Lowes Guest Satisfaction Survey is the ideal method to provide feedback to them about your recent visit to a Lowe's store. Positive or negative, Lowes appreciates your input and uses it to help them better serve you. Everybody who fills out the Lowes Feedback Survey at Lowes survey will have a chance to win the Lowes Giveaway.

Dec 15, 2023
One of the biggest retail companies in the nation, Kroger employs more people than anybody and has more than locations nationwide. The business must make sure that patrons leave the stores with a genuine sense of satisfaction and with fewer grievances. Krogerfeedback