+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does GCMS Note Slow or Speed up File

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
I am writing this post to see what are different people thoughts on this topic. Do you believe that ordering GCMS notes will delay your file or speed it up?

One thought is that if your file is gathering dust that this causes the officer to process any updates on completed items.

The other side says that it causes the officer to leave your file for at least a month without working on it if they were working on it. This is to ensure that the notes generated is not different from the system notes when they are reviewing the notes for release.

Let’s hear your thoughts, experiences, etc.

Star Member
Apr 14, 2012
So does the case handler get a notification whether the process information was accessed in their window or app.

Last edited:

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
There were reports by a few posters who were told by the ircc agents the file gets in a hold while notes are generated. Not sure how much delay this contributes to.

mike2236

Nov 28, 2017
I was actually told by a call center officer that ordering notes slows down the processing of my file. Now there are conflicting responses especially from IRCC so I don’t know who to believe. I think I’ve seen members who have ordered notes receiving PPR after ordering notes but before receiving the notes. Therefore I would think that the file, if placed on hold, is not being placed on hold during the full one month period.

GeoV

Star Member
May 31, 2019
I was actually told by a call center officer that ordering notes slows down the processing of my file. Now there are conflicting responses especially from IRCC so I don’t know who to believe. I think I’ve seen members who have ordered notes receiving PPR after ordering notes but before receiving the notes. Therefore I would think that the file, if placed on hold, is not being placed on hold during the full one month period.
I think it might slow if your file is within the normal pace, but if its delayed so might comes to a benefit that the file is cleaned from dust

shashibhushan86

Nov 4, 2019
I am writing this post to see what are different people thoughts on this topic. Do you believe that ordering GCMS notes will delay your file or speed it up?

One thought is that if your file is gathering dust that this causes the officer to process any updates on completed items.

The other side says that it causes the officer to leave your file for at least a month without working on it if they were working on it. This is to ensure that the notes generated is not different from the system notes when they are reviewing the notes for release.

In my case it actually worked quite well. I got an update almost every second day after application gcms notes. I am waiting for PPR now and thinking of applying the gcms notes again. Feels like this is additional money u need to spend to get their attention to your file. :D

ankitagoyal

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Vancouver

No, ordering GCMS notes does not delay the processing of your file in any way. It has no negative impact on your file and an applicant can order as many GCMS notes as he desires. In some cases where there has been no movement on the file a movement was seen after the GCMS notes were request. This is because before the GCMS notes are released an officer has to look into your file even when he was not supposed to. Therefore ordering GCMS notes is safe and sometimes beneficial.

Reactions: walnorez

Mustafa Kakakhel

Star Member
Apr 10, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FSW
GCMS notes do not have any impact on your file. They are ordered under Access to Information and Privacy act which bounds the IRCC to provide the information requested. All they do is generate the system report and submit it to ATIP which then send it to the client. In cases where people see responses after notes is pure coincidence, I believe.

Hummingbird89

Mar 18, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
In my case it actually worked quite well. I got an update almost every second day after application gcms notes. I am waiting for PPR now and thinking of applying the gcms notes again. Feels like this is additional money u need to spend to get their attention to your file. :D
Really?