+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

does changing the college after arriving affect PGWP/PR in future

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hi,

I am currently enrolled in a 2 year PDD program and have just completed 3 semesters (1 year) as a full time student, i wish to change my school which will provide a diploma of only 1 year. Will my 1 year at the PDD program be counted while applying for the PGWP and a 3 year visa will be awarded or a 1 year visa for completing the 1 year diploma.
Do you get any award like Diploma, cert etc for 3/2 semesters? If so then your next diploma of 1 year may give you 3 year pgwp. Course has to be consecutive and full time.

All the best

Joshua123

Sep 28, 2018
Right now i am in associate of science degree biology in Capilano University plus i am in Canada at the moment. I want to change my course to early childhood care diploma and i want to change my college to camosun college. What do i do and how do i do pls guide me. My classes are starting on 7th jan, so i have to change before 7th jan.

rsengar3

Jul 17, 2020
Hi
I am an internation student at University of Windsor Mengg- program. However, i want to change from Mengg- to MASc after 2 semester. I will be getting a credit transfer of 2 courses and will be completing my MASc by studying 2 more terms.
Since I have to apply through a new application in the university for change .

Will for PGWP time spent in MEngg will be counted or not?
Or they will give me work permit on the basis of MASc whose starting date will be shown in sept by the university?

Please help I am in very trouble

Jasmeetkaur

Nov 27, 2021
I change my college when i came to canada and was free for 4 months does it affect my pgwp ??

or one more thing i already change my DLI to immigration do i need to attach some letter explaining change of college?

anupxpf

Apr 1, 2022
CIC will not take into consideration the weather or culture or new education system when you apply for a PGWP.

What they will look at is if you were a full time student with no unscheduled breaks, if you completed your program, if you apply for the PGWP within 90 days of completing your program. They also sometimes check for illegal work.

If you study full time at Seneca and complete your program with no unscheduled breaks - and provided you didn't work between quitting VIU and starting Seneca - you should be fine.

burliya2023

Jul 5, 2023
Hi..
I really need help to know my eligibility for pgwp. I reached here on 10th April and my program started on 11th April. I didn't know that I was part time student until after completing my first semester as one course was non credit course, so after completing my two semester(second semester is full time studen) there I change my college and I am full time student here. So will I be eligible for pgwp.

Sekhon manjot

Sep 8, 2024
Hi,
Now I am a student of the University of Manitoba and my first in a college ICM then I will go to university if I will complete ICM. my study is very tuff. Now i want to change my college it will affect my future profile and my Pr

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi,
Now I am a student of the University of Manitoba and my first in a college ICM then I will go to university if I will complete ICM. my study is very tuff. Now i want to change my college it will affect my future profile and my Pr
Apply for a new study permit for the new DLI if you do not want to continue your study at U of M.
You cannot just change to a different DLI unless you finish a semester at your DLI on your current study permit.

If you "just change your collage" without a new study permit, it will affect your future profile MUCH MORE. Because that's studying without a permit ( a proper one on the new DLI)

Sekhon manjot

Sep 8, 2024
Apply for a new study permit for the new DLI if you do not want to continue your study at U of M.
You cannot just change to a different DLI unless you finish a semester at your DLI on your current study permit.

If you "just change your collage" without a new study permit, it will affect your future profile MUCH MORE. Because that's studying without a permit ( a proper one on the new DLI)

Sekhon manjot

Sep 8, 2024
My study permit will expire in March 2025 but now it is my third semester. So after completing my third semester, I will take the January semester in this college or not.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
My study permit will expire in March 2025 but now it is my third semester. So after completing my third semester, I will take the January semester in this college or not.
If you have already completed more than 1 semester in your DLI, you can go online and change your DLI.
I do not know the details about impact on PGWP and your PR application profile.

btw, I think you meant tough not "tuff" in your post?

Sekhon manjot

Sep 8, 2024
In january intake I can change my college by getting new study permit. Then it will affect to my future profiler or not and PR. Now my study is very difficult.