+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

does changing the college after arriving affect PGWP/PR in future

anmolbhullar

Nov 9, 2011
i m in sheridan college for jan intakee..........i want to move to winnipeg.
will affect my record in future when applying for work permit or pr

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anmolbhullar said:
i m in sheridan college for jan intakee..........i want to move to winnipeg.
will affect my record in future when applying for work permit or pr
Hi,

1. Absolutely NO.

anmolbhullar

Nov 9, 2011
enfield said:
Hi,

1. Absolutely NO.
hi enfield...firstly nice to talk to u again after a long time...i dont know whether u remember me still or not?

ihave heard from my friend that if we change our college....cic does not give us work permit, is it true?

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anmolbhullar said:
hi enfield...firstly nice to talk to u again after a long time...i dont know whether u remember me still or not?

ihave heard from my friend that if we change our college....cic does not give us work permit, is it true?
Hi,

1. Second time NO.
2. Still you need to take care of only one thing; if you are changing your course from secondary to post secondary/post secondary to secondary level (for example: changing from 12th standard to Degree course/Master or Degree course to 12th standard), you must apply for the required changes in your study permit conditions. You need to fill out an 'Application to Change Conditions': www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-student.asp

anmolbhullar

Nov 9, 2011
enfield said:
Hi,

1. Second time NO.
2. Still you need to take care of only one thing; if you are changing your course from secondary to post secondary/post secondary to secondary level (for example: changing from 12th standard to Degree course/Master or Degree course to 12th standard), you must apply for the required changes in your study permit conditions. You need to fill out an 'Application to Change Conditions': www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/extend-student.asp
thanks

tafahem

Sep 4, 2017
HI. I am an International student in Canada. I came here at 2016 September and admitted to Vancouver ISland University(VIU) for doing Bachelor. I studied 2 semesters in there. But my results were poor due to choosing the wrong course. Therefore I was placed on probation. Then I changed the institution to study the subject of my choice. I moved to Seneca from VIU and studying a 2-year diploma course.Now I am doing pretty good.

I heard that many International students suffer in their first-year cause of studying in a new country, new weather, new education system, and culture. Will CIC take these things into consideration while allowing PGWP?

I want to know will my previous situation hamper me in getting the work permit post study? What can I do to get my PGWP smoothly?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
CIC will not take into consideration the weather or culture or new education system when you apply for a PGWP.

What they will look at is if you were a full time student with no unscheduled breaks, if you completed your program, if you apply for the PGWP within 90 days of completing your program. They also sometimes check for illegal work.

If you study full time at Seneca and complete your program with no unscheduled breaks - and provided you didn't work between quitting VIU and starting Seneca - you should be fine.

Reactions: anupxpf

Rahat Virk

Apr 6, 2018
Hi..... My brother is presently studying Bachelor's in Windsor (jan intake,2018) . But he is finding the course difficult. So now he's shifting to another college in Vancouver with 2- year diploma starting July,2018.
I wanted to ask will this shift in college & course affect his after studies Work permit or PR??

Gag01

Apr 27, 2018
I got a unscheduled break from college due to 1 day late fees.I will be eligible to get work permit?

tushir1995

Jul 21, 2018
Hi i am a student at tru, i started in jan 2018 and then took summer break and working full time. I want to change university (kpu) in sept 2018. Will it be a problem for me in future. Is it gonna be a unscheduled break since i ma not going to same university again?

Oct 4, 2018
Hi this is Priyanka
I wanted to ask about changing the course. Actually the course I have chosen doesn't fit me well. I want to take different course in different college. So can I do that and I am an international student. And does this will affect PR process in future o

Joshua123

Sep 28, 2018
I had medical in my +2 and now i have just come to canada on a study permit. My classes begins on 7th of January and i want to change my program and college. I was medical student in india and now i want to do something in restaurant or hotel management. Will this effect my PR or PGWP?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
I had medical in my +2 and now i have just come to canada on a study permit. My classes begins on 7th of January and i want to change my program and college. I was medical student in india and now i want to do something in restaurant or hotel management. Will this effect my PR or PGWP?
Doesn't affect your pgwp/pr application. Legally allowed. Better do it before your program start so that you get full refund (after deducting some basic withdrawal fees)
All the best

Abhays993

Jan 2, 2019
Hi,

I am currently enrolled in a 2 year PDD program and have just completed 3 semesters (1 year) as a full time student, i wish to change my school which will provide a diploma of only 1 year. Will my 1 year at the PDD program be counted while applying for the PGWP and a 3 year visa will be awarded or a 1 year visa for completing the 1 year diploma.

Lovesahota92

Dec 15, 2016
Hi,

I am currently enrolled in a 2 year PDD program and have just completed 3 semesters (1 year) as a full time student, i wish to change my school which will provide a diploma of only 1 year. Will my 1 year at the PDD program be counted while applying for the PGWP and a 3 year visa will be awarded or a 1 year visa for completing the 1 year diploma.
No, they will consider them separately. You have to be full time student at one institution.