+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does anyone know if their DLI will be on the list?

Nottanyaverma

Oct 28, 2019
I fear that due to politics, DLIs in hotspots will be forced to stay shut like Toronto and Montreal. To be honest, I will be surprised if DLIs in these places are allowed to open given the restrictions that the premiers have been putting specifically on these regions in the past. DLIs may include:
McGill
University of Montreal
University of Toronto
York University
All Toronto, Montreal and Ottawa Colleges
University of Ottawa
Carleton University
University of WIndsor
Ryerson
I just heard from my university (HEC Montreal) that all hybrid courses will be switched to distance learning :( Does this mean I won't be able to travel for jan 21 intake? Or I would because travel announcements are federal and not provincial. So, it shouldn't be affected by provincial issues? @jigzyy

ayesha_llk2

Aug 11, 2020
I just heard from my university (HEC Montreal) that all hybrid courses will be switched to distance learning :( Does this mean I won't be able to travel for jan 21 intake? Or I would because travel announcements are federal and not provincial. So, it shouldn't be affected by provincial issues? @jigzyy
Let me see if I can find the link but on IRCC website it was written that timezone issues can be seen as a reason for travelling. I think if HEC montreal has a DLI plan u may be able travel still

Reactions: proceso

Nottanyaverma

Oct 28, 2019
Let me see if I can find the link but on IRCC website it was written that timezone issues can be seen as a reason for travelling. I think if HEC montreal has a DLI plan u may be able travel still
timezone issues have ALWAYS been a problem for international students especially Indians. I'm afraid they'll let only those students travel whose university/college has been approved and their course is either in person or at least hybrid. Because lifting the travel ban would create an influx of international students who're having online classes

ayesha_llk2

Aug 11, 2020
timezone issues have ALWAYS been a problem for international students especially Indians. I'm afraid they'll let only those students travel whose university/college has been approved and their course is either in person or at least hybrid. Because lifting the travel ban would create an influx of international students who're having online classes
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students.html#exemptions

it was mentioned here under Travel exemptions and restrictions for international students. God only knows if it will be implemented , time will tell.

Vihang2580

Jul 4, 2020
If you have valid study permit and your university is approved as DLI with covid ready, then you are good to go after October 20.

Reactions: proceso

computerscience23

Jul 4, 2020
I don't know why people always bring up 23 billion dollar student industry. I hate to tell you that this is fraction of what Canada's GDP depends on. It definitely brings money but not the MAJOR economy funder and for that reason, it's not a priority.
LOL buddy! Did you just say that immigration just accounts for a fraction of Canada's GDP? In that case, you need to expand the horizons of your knowledge. I would recommend reading this first https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/infographics/immigration-economic-growth.html

Reactions: Petita

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
No one knows, wait for the DLI covid ready list.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
LOL buddy! Did you just say that immigration just accounts for a fraction of Canada's GDP? In that case, you need to expand the horizons of your knowledge. I would recommend reading this first https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/infographics/immigration-economic-growth.html
I hope you're not an adult that starts a comment with 'LOL Buddy' if you want to be taken seriously. And it's quite clear, he is talking about intl. students, not immigration as a whole which you seem to reference

Reactions: jigzyy

computerscience23

Jul 4, 2020
I hope you're not an adult that starts a comment with 'LOL Buddy' if you want to be taken seriously. And it's quite clear, he is talking about intl. students, not immigration as a whole which you seem to reference
Well, we generally use words like "buddy" to have a light conversation. So that it doesn't seem like I am attacking someone. I am sorry if it hurts your sentiments. Anyways, international students are a major part of immigration since they are the ones who actually pay tuition (not neglecting the contributions of other immigrants).

Reactions: Petita

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Well, we generally use words like "buddy" to have a light conversation. So that it doesn't seem like I am attacking someone. I am sorry if it hurts your sentiments. Anyways, international students are a major part of immigration since they are the ones who actually pay tuition (not neglecting the contributions of other immigrants).
Just trying to educate you, buddy

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
That is simply not correct even now. You can enter Canada now if you have a valid approval of study permit before 18 March or a valid approval of study permit if entering via USA. In addition, you simply need to prove your studies and presence are "essential" and that can mean online studies.

Lifting the travel ban currently is going to make little difference on its own. This is because almost no-one has received approval of study permit and that is necessary too for travel.

Reactions: Alamj and Petita

Bishops2020

Aug 8, 2020
If you have valid study permit and your university is approved as DLI with covid ready, then you are good to go after October 20.
Anyone with a valid study permit who can prove their presence is "essential" can already travel. We do not yet have the finer details of any change in rules such as dropping of the 18th March rule.