+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Does a dependent need to show proof of funding while landing?

ahan123

Apr 4, 2014
Hi everybody,

I was an October, 2013 applicant, currently working in Canada. I landed last month without any problem. My wife as a dependent applicant got her COPR and visa today and she is currently living abroad. However, she will land in September.

My question is- does she need to show any proof of funding? I guess it's the principal applicant who needs to show such documents. I am already earning sufficient amount to cover both of us. Should she give the landing officers my employment letters, salary statement, bank account etc. as a proof ? Let alone my financial documents, how much money (min approx.) she should bring in just to avoid the hassle during landing? Moreover, she will also bring some of her wedding-gold jeweleries , does she need to mention that as well?

Please, any kind of help will be highly appreciated :)

maniac2403

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2013
Doc's Request.
29-05-2014
AOR Received.
27-12-2013
IELTS Request
Provided with application
File Transfer...
04-06-2014 (ECAS In Process)
Med's Request
10-06-2014
Med's Done....
11-06-2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
20-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014 (Visa stamp) 9-07-2014 (Passport Received)
LANDED..........
10-07-2014
ahan123 said:
Hi everybody,

I was an October, 2013 applicant, currently working in Canada. I landed last month without any problem. My wife as a dependent applicant got her COPR and visa today and she is currently living abroad. However, she will land in September.

My question is- does she need to show any proof of funding? I guess it's the principal applicant who needs to show such documents. I am already earning sufficient amount to cover both of us. Should she give the landing officers my employment letters, salary statement, bank account etc. as a proof ? Let alone my financial documents, how much money (min approx.) she should bring in just to avoid the hassle during landing? Moreover, she will also bring some of her wedding-gold jeweleries , does she need to mention that as well?

Please, any kind of help will be highly appreciated :)
There are no requirement as such to show proof of funds while landing either for primary or dependant. That being said, it is always a good idea to have as much documents as possible. You never know what the border official will ask.

Your wife will have to fill up the goods accompanying or goods to follow form.

ahan123

Apr 4, 2014
maniac2403 said:
There are no requirement as such to show proof of funds while landing either for primary or dependant. That being said, it is always a good idea to have as much documents as possible. You never know what the border official will ask.

Your wife will have to fill up the goods accompanying or goods to follow form.
Thanks a lot for the info :)